Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All Star Factory

Thumbs down Similar experience

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    yes I'm being serious, it was a very close family member who told the management exactly what he thought of their running of the place - not abusive in any way as he is not like that, but he was straight to the point
    I contacted the Groat a few years ago, who ran a story about the fact that the All Star factory refuses to join a scheme which costs them nothing but allows disabled people to take a helper to the cinema with them for free. (Cinema Exhibitors Association Card...accepted in all decent cinemas)
    Manageress threatened the journalist and demanded he reveal his source so that she could bar us and/or him!
    Perhaps she finds her job very stressful, but in my experience being kind and pleasant to people usually makes life easier not more stressful.

Thumbs down Total Dump

The Cinema is freezing, the seats are torn and filthy. The bowling alley is not any better the carpet is a disgrace with drink stains all over it, and the lanes never work.

We last went to see space chimps, and you just felt like you were sitting in filth.
    You would think with them putting the prices up they could hire a cleaner.

Sorry rant over now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    she comes accross as an absolute witch.
    HEY!!! - da be cheeky....
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    Haha...of course i meant a bad witch Trix, not a good one lek yersel

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    There's no way you could be confused for this person wifie !
    PEACE LOVE LIGHT & HARMONY

I was thinking of taking my 2 up to see madagascar 2 at he end of the month but after reading all the comments dont thin i will bother ill wait for it on dvd and waich it with my heating on

I actually don't have a problem with the place.
    Yes, some of the seats are torn but generally I don't see a problem with it, except the sweets and drinks etc are blinkin expensive.

I've always wondered how they actually make their money. Almost every single time we've been - and we've been loads - there's hardly been anyone in there. Even when we go to see the ones that people have waited for - Harry Potter etc, there's never been many bums on seats.
    Maybe this has something to do with the fact that there's torn seats, and vice versa.

The thing is if we don't support the local cinema then we'll lose it and as far as I'm aware Inverness is the next local one - great!

Hopefully we'll get some competition up here very soon .

Highland Lad I have to say that I have never ever experienced the place being cold let alone freezing. In fact winter or not I usually don't need a jacket on in there and I suffer from Raynauds.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Was up seeing Quantum of Solace a couple of weeks ago - started out warm enough but noticed a sudden temperature drop about half way through. Was distinctly "shakin' not stirred" by the end

Default So cold!

One time we went to the cinema I was sooo cold that my gallant husband took off his coat and I put my legs into the sleeves so as the back came over my lap…

What a sight I was …

If he hadn’t done that we’d have had to leave – I have a problem with circulation and it takes me forever to get warm again if I get really cold.

My nose was literally blue when I left! I had to wear my boyfriends woolly hat to keep warm and I was wrapped up in a jacket. And honestly I am not one to complain about the cold at all but it was ridiculous. I cudna wait for the film to end!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Was up seeing Quantum of Solace a couple of weeks ago - started out warm enough but noticed a sudden temperature drop about half way through. Was distinctly "shakin' not stirred" by the end

Brilliant

The place is up for sale if anyone wants to buy it, need to be rich though!
    As one door shuts, another one slams in your face.

Smile Nice one!

Hey, I went to see new Bond film tues nite, was worried bout it being cold so phoned and asked about the heating!! Was told been sorted so thot would give it a go, must say it was ace - and the film ha! Was lovely and warm no complaints from me. Cant wait to take my young ones to see new Madagascar film this wknd.

right enough!!!!

A group of us went there for a meal last night, and the mock wood burning stove was throwing out enought heat for the whole of Thurso! The meal was good though, and very reasonable. But the place was almost empty! Didn't try the cinema though!
    Snowmen fall from the sky unassembled!

Red face

as you said the cinima in Thurso has been so quiet, i don't think there will be any business man doing investment in cinema business up here. so, they wont get any competion up here, there is long way for us to suffer if we do want to go for movie there.

I've always wondered how they actually make their money. Almost every single time we've been - and we've been loads - there's hardly been anyone in there. Even when we go to see the ones that people have waited for - Harry Potter etc, there's never been many bums on seats.
    Maybe this has something to do with the fact that there's torn seats, and vice versa.

Hopefully we'll get some competition up here very soon .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123