Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All Star Factory

Thumbs down All Star Factory

I was at the all star factory today with my little girl to watch a film at 2 o'clock and it was so cold in the cinemas screen we could hardly sit! My wee girl was freezing which was a real shame as it was her first time there!

My mum who was also there went back to see a manager tonight as there was not one there today and the manager was simple not interested, She told my mum she did not ask us to go to the cinema and it was not her problem which is a terrible attitude i think.

She then said they had a problem with the heating and their was nothing they could do about it! surely the cinemas should be closed if their is no heating or you should at least be told you are going to freeze whilst watching the film! After all it does cost enough to sit in the place, you should atl east be able to enjoy what you are paying for!

Also i believe as a manager she could have been a bit more understanding.

Very disappointed

Wink

thinks shes it i heard cold cinema daughter in hand first film id demand money back or at least a warm free seat for kids sake for buisness sence kids film of course

Unhappy

We took our 5 year old bowling last week - only one lane had bumpers working and there was only one stand for wee ones to roll the balls down. The guy at the desk did go and check with the manager but they didn't have any more. We had to share the stand with 2 other lanes and there were families waiting. The lanes were also in really poor condition. It was very poor and a real shame that it seems to be going down hill so fast

place could be a goldmine if ran properly I heard it was up for sale so maybe that explains lack of interest

Default Disgrace

We were at the Cinema 2 weekends before and it was okay, but the prices have gone up as if they werent high enough? the prices are going up and the place is going down.

We had food in the bar first, it was okay, nothing special, we had chicken burgers but it thrown together, nothing to please the eye.

If it wasnt that its the only cinema and bowling ally in caithness, I dought the place would be still open?

I was there a couple of weeks ago to watch a film and the place was absolutely freezing. I came out of it and my feet were like two blocks of ice. Advice to anyone going - wrap up warm!!

OK I WAS planning on taking the kids sometime this week but think I won't bother now . Maybe take them a trip to Sneckie instead - cinema, food & a quick shop...

Thumbs down all star factory

I have taken my kids to the cinema on several occassions for birthdays etc.

Everytime it has been so cold they have to keep their jackets on,it is a downright disgrace!!!!

maybe the people of wick should think about the prospects of having a cinema and bowling alley in wick,because if the all star factory keeps its standard to this low level then people will soon stop going!!!

Especially when the manager or the owner didnt even give you the time of day,or even an apology.civility or manners cost nothing.well is this not what we teach our kids.

Default All Star Dump

The place is only cold so as to keep the whole town going to the surgery for cold and flu remedies. More patients more cash. say no more

I was in the Omni Centre cinema in Edinburgh short ago. It was the biggest cinema I had been in. Hundreds of seats! The thing I noticed when I walked in was how warm it was! It was lovely and toasty. I love the heat and had my coat off.

That cinema in Thurso is a disgrace. It seems like there is no heating in it at all!
    The bowling alley is a joke! The time I was there, the scoreboard thing wasn't working and the guy had to keep resetting it! It doesnt look like they have tried to maintain the place at all.

Neither of it is cheap either, rising costs yet getting less and less for your money.

Easy to see they have no competition in the county.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall67 View Post
    The place is only cold so as to keep the whole town going to the surgery for cold and flu remedies. More patients more cash. say no more
    you might have a point there lol.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

That place is a disgrace and the manageress (if it's still the same one from a few years back) is a complete boot with the worst customer service attitude i have ever experienced, god knows how she has managed to keep that job.

was going to take my daughter there for her birthday next month but dont think i will bother now
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    That place is a disgrace and the manageress (if it's still the same one from a few years back) is a complete boot with the worst customer service attitude i have ever experienced, god knows how she has managed to keep that job.

i dont think insulting staff members is very nice
    bit harsh
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Default All Star Factory

Is it not bad enough that it now cost over £7 to get into the cinema!

£2 for a bottle of juice, £4 minimum for porpcorn. Thats £13!

You could wait a few weeks, loan it from the library get some snacks and drink from lidls and it would cost you less than what it would to get into the film at the all star factory.

Also, it would be more conforting in your own home too as in my house the seats arent torn, with gum stuck on them and all sticky.

Rant over!
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

My daughter and her friends went up yesterday afternoon to watch the eagerly anticipated High School Musical 3.

The place was packed with kids and my daughter and her friends had been really, really looking forward to seeing it. However as others have mentioned the place was absolutely freezing. If the temperature was like that in school then they would have got sent home, but here we have a situation where loads of kids are paying for something that they are really looking forward to and having to freeze for two hours!

She actually came home very upset as she had no money left, the prices were so steep. £5.05 to get into even see the film now. She for one, at her own choice as it was that bad, will not be going back and seriously missed having any enjoyment of the film.

Have you made a complaint to the place? Who owns the All Star Factory anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    i dont think insulting staff members is very nice
    bit harsh
    aye i agree my great aunt is the manageress.

Have all the complaints actually been mentioned to the managedment? Surely if so many dis-atisfied folk would be acknowledged and something done about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I for one have always found the prices up here far too high and believe if someone else were to open another cinema then things would be different

I know 1st hand of someone who complained and was barred for life!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast