Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metallica UK Tour :)

Default Metallica UK Tour :)

March 26th 2009, SECC Glasgow, tickets on sale friday 9am...woo hoo

4 days before my birthday! NICE!

Day after my Birthday, I will be there!

They are excellent in concert, I saw them at NEC in '96.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Well, they used to be excellent in concert. No idea what they are like now, I have to admit. I seriously don't think I could sit/stand through a two-hour concert of theirs unless they only played their decent stuff and none of the commercial pap they've released since the 'black' album.

First saw them in 1990 at the SECC and they gradually declined each time I saw them after that. Last time I went was when they headlined Milton Keynes Bowl with Megadeth, The Almighty and Diamond Head in '94.

They had become too egotistical and insisted on rounding off each song with a three-minute crescendo. Well done guys.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

First saw them in 1988 at the Playhouse in Edinburgerland, my very first gig, and still one of the best i have attended, have not seen them since 1996 in the Barrowlands, and boy that was one hell of a gig, i'm not overly fond of SECC gigs, i'm a short arse and can never bloody see over all the tall people but i'll be going to this gig for sure, should have my tickets secured by tomorrow morning

got 3 tickets today for me and my 2 boys through the metclub pre-sale,

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    First saw them in 1988 at the Playhouse in Edinburgerland, my very first gig, and still one of the best i have attended, have not seen them since 1996 in the Barrowlands, and boy that was one hell of a gig, i'm not overly fond of SECC gigs, i'm a short arse and can never bloody see over all the tall people but i'll be going to this gig for sure, should have my tickets secured by tomorrow morning
    what a coincidence I was at both of them well ...never spotted ye there!! My shirt fae '88 still fits me does yours?teehee...
    But gonna miss the march gig!!

I never really listen to Radio 1 but for some reason bunged it on tonight in the kitchen and just in time too as heard My Apocalypse! First tour for 13 years apparently.

I've been lucky enough to see them three times, Wembley 1991, Milton Keynes 1996 and Download 2004.

Can't make up my mind whether or not to go for it in March
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Well, they used to be excellent in concert. No idea what they are like now, I have to admit. I seriously don't think I could sit/stand through a two-hour concert of theirs unless they only played their decent stuff and none of the commercial pap they've released since the 'black' album.

First saw them in 1990 at the SECC and they gradually declined each time I saw them after that. Last time I went was when they headlined Milton Keynes Bowl with Megadeth, The Almighty and Diamond Head in '94.

They had become too egotistical and insisted on rounding off each song with a three-minute crescendo. Well done guys.
    Fair play. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Saw them in Wembley last year and they were SUPERB. Basically played a greatest hits gig. I don't recall a single song past 1990. Nothing from Load or Reload or St. Anger.

I like the new album, so if they mix this up with the older stuff, it'll be an amazing night.

Hopefully I'll be there

Thumbs up

First time i saw them was at Monsters Of Rock Donington Park 91, It was my first concert seein them live and have seen them afew times since, Will certainly be bookin my tickets

Sweet!!...got my tickets secured this afternoon

gizmo
    you staying overnight lad, got a room in the kelvingrove hotel. its only a ten minute walk from secc. room for me and the 2 boys is £90 ensuite and cooked breakfast here is the link

http://www.kelvingrove-hotel.co.uk

Got tickets today

Quote Originally Posted by rangers1873 View Post
    gizmo
    you staying overnight lad, got a room in the kelvingrove hotel. its only a ten minute walk from secc. room for me and the 2 boys is £90 ensuite and cooked breakfast here is the link

http://www.kelvingrove-hotel.co.uk
    Cheers mate, will check it out.

lol never thought about staying anywhere, will see emorra to see if i get tickets then worry about stayin somewhere

Just my luck, Sold out, Nae tickets for me :-((

Yeah a mate just talked to the SECC and it's sold out

Thumbs down Death To Ticketshafter.....

So was anyone lucky enough to secure tickets from this mornings online shambles?, so much for tickets going on sale at 9am, i don't even think Ticketmaster had any tickets left for the Glasgow date to put on sale this morning, they seem to have all been sold through the last few days pre-sale to Metclub members etc, and also there seem to have been plenty of other ticket agencys selling tickets prior to the official 9am start, there are a few posts on the official Metallica forum from people saying that they managed to get tickets last night, the way tickets are sold these days is just a bloody joke, and ebay is already flooded with tickets for the Glasgow dates.
    I managed to secure 2 tickets through the friend of a friend who joined the Metclub, and i only had to pay £5 over the face value plus fees, so i was lucky, i just feel gutted for all the other true fans like myself that were unable to get tickets, i think it's now time for a mass rebellion against Ticketshafter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast