Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: new tattoo shop/Inver Ink (merged threads)

The guy with the dreads did my one and its lovely.

If in Edinburgh looking for a tattooist I highly recommend Tribal.

I obviously caught him on a bad day! But Connor, just wondering, did you say anything to him? If he knew you weren't happy he might have suggested something. Although I know you didn't see the final result into later.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    I obviously caught him on a bad day! But Connor, just wondering, did you say anything to him? If he knew you weren't happy he might have suggested something. Although I know you didn't see the final result into later.
    Im sure if you had gone back once it healed he might have tried to make it look better, i know when i was leaving he said if i was'nt happy or had questions just to call, but i have to go back down once its healed as he wants to take more pics of mine.

Cara & Bracken

Aww i want another tattoo now! Cant get one for ages tho so its poop! Think when i can get one i will be going to Inver Ink tho. The work from there looks awsome.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cameroncara View Post
    Im sure if you had gone back once it healed he might have tried to make it look better, i know when i was leaving he said if i was'nt happy or had questions just to call, but i have to go back down once its healed as he wants to take more pics of mine.

Well, i said it looked alright on the day, but it's only on closer inspection you notice these things.

I've went back after asking for colour but both times i've asked him the prices have varied.

I might be harsh in my ways but if they've done a not so good job the first time round, don't want them to have a second stab at it.

These are the problems with it:

Lines wonky

At the right eye, it's smudge out making it uneven.

On the lines(suppose to be a japanese sun, the line breaks for a small bit then is really thick.

Straight after it was done:

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Connor. View Post
    Straight after it was done:

Yeah i can see what you mean and that straight after it was done it does not look like it has any gaps. What a shame.

Cara & Bracken

Connor, to be honest there's nothing there that is a real problem.

When you look at one line in isolation, you will pick up on any 'wobbles'. Fill the line in with colour and you'll not see it.

BTW I've got a topless girl with a club foot.

Moral of this is that I shouldn't fidget whilst getting the outline done.....

Connor i see what you mean. Obviously there are going to be wee wobbles and things but i think yours are slightly more noticeable than they should be. Colour would be able to cover that up a bit though.

I have 4 tattoos, 3 done by the guy in alness and im less than impressed with them. When i got them done it was the greatest thing ever. I have a dragon on my arm which actually has a whole part missing, lines wobbly, some lines thicker than they should be etc etc...the other 2 are the same.

But my 4th tattoo was done by my boyfriend (not an actual tattoo artist) but he has all the equipment and its excellently done. Lines are brilliant. Healed quickly aswell.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

10. Default colour

I do think that if you added colour it would be fine, my sister also had a horse tattoo done, she could not stand the pain of the outline so chicken out of getting the rest finished, i personally think it looks bad as lines not straight etc but if she got it filled it would cover most of the mistakes i think thats the thing with outline work it does need to be finished and coloured.

Cara & Bracken

Talking InverInk

Inver Ink is down by the bus station down a small ally way.
    I got my 1st tattoo there, and it is very clean! but i am not happy with the tattoo, there are bits missing out of the tattoo. i was told to use Savlon by them now as that was my 1st i did it but when i went to get my 2nd and 3rd in Alness the man told me not to use white creams as it takes the color out your tattoo and my 2nd and 3rd are much better than my 1st. and although inver ink is walk in with no appointment i went in on my 18th birthday and spent the whole day in inver ink, and i didn't think they staff were that friendly.

I WOULD DEFIANTLY RECOMMEND KC'S TA TU IN ALNESS.

the guy with dreeds did my tigers head on my back, no colour, but half his nose tip is missing -- id never go back -- only words he said the 1 1/2 hours i sat there was u ok mam... since then iv been to Carl in Dingwall, he was great , got the tattoo i wanted customed just for me and everyone comments how unusual it is -- tiger prints around my wrist. plus he made u so welcomed and relaxed, with cups o tea and chatting all the time .... cant wait to go down again for my next tat hopefully next week....
    jac

Quote Originally Posted by jac1791 View Post
    the guy with dreeds did my tigers head on my back, no colour, but half his nose tip is missing -- id never go back -- only words he said the 1 1/2 hours i sat there was u ok mam... since then iv been to Carl in Dingwall, he was great , got the tattoo i wanted customed just for me and everyone comments how unusual it is -- tiger prints around my wrist. plus he made u so welcomed and relaxed, with cups o tea and chatting all the time .... cant wait to go down again for my next tat hopefully next week....
    borderline tattoo in berwick has some very good stuff the only thing is its not easy to get an appointment i was lucky the man came in on his day off i would not go anywhere else shawn is a reel gent

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345