Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Pumkin soup

Default Pumkin soup

Another idea to use up the pumpkin flesh you dont need after making a lantern

4 medium cloves of gralic
    1Kg pumpkin flesh peeled and chopped
    1 tablespoon of oil(20ml)
    1 large onion
    1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
    1 teaspoon cumin
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 litre of veg or chicken stock
    cream and nutmeg to serve

preheat oven to 180c(170 if fan assisted)
    chop pumpkin into even sized pieces and place on baking tray with whole garlic cloves and drizzle with 3 teaspons of oil,shakeing gently to coat
    bake for 20 mins then remove garlic and continue to bake pumpking until soft(be careful not to let it burn)

heat teaspoon of oil in pan add chopped onion,nutmeg,cumin,salt and pepperand cook for 1 minute
    add pumpkin and stock and bring to the boil,reduce heat and simmer uncovered until onion is soft and stock is reduced slightly(around 20 minutes)
    peel roasted garlic and add to pan
    allow to cool slightly and then blend with hand blender
    serve with a drizzle of cream and a pinch of nutmeg x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

i dont have a hand blender can i make it without it
    any tips
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Hi Ash,you could puree it through a sieve but it would take quite some time!Have you got a food processor?If not pop to tesco or woolis and buy a hand blender,they have one in tesco for 3.99 and its good enough for doing soups etc x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

no food processor
    i had a hand blender went and bought everything for making the soup and forgot our hand blender broke
    is it wick or thurso tesco
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Hi Ash,I got mine in Wick but Thurso may have them,if not woolies do a value range and I think their version was around about £5 x