Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you originate from?

Smile

Mothers scottish,father from channel isles.His ancestors from Normandy in France and my mothers from outer isles(We think they were thrown out for sheep stealing....)
    me I,m from cuddlepop a far and distant planet..where they speak muckinfuddle....

Small world this is, yes i know fishtoft its about 2 miles from me if that and as porshie just wrote,she was even closer. im in wyberton if you remember that.
    computer says no ........

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop
    Mothers scottish,father from channel isles.His ancestors from Normandy in France and my mothers from outer isles(We think they were thrown out for sheep stealing....)
    me I,m from cuddlepop a far and distant planet..where they speak muckinfuddle....
    Sheep stealing, cuddlepop? Stranded from the Spanish Armada sounds much more exciting. (Well, if the English gentleman James Bond can change into an immortal Spanish Gentleman with that accent, why not?)
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo
    Small world Badger, Fishtoft was just up the road from where I used to live in Boston, I had a horse for a while up at Marsh Farm. Whereabouts in Fishtoft were you from.
    I was only 10 when we lived there and that was too many years ago to admit here. In fact our old home doesn't exist any more (the old rectory) as it was demolished years ago.
    Yes, Paris, I remember the name Wyberton. A friend of my mother's still lives in Fishtoft - she must be 90 now and has lived in her present house all her life. Comes from a gypsy family and is a tiny little lady sitting by the fire doing embroidery and looked after by family nearby.
    Wonder how many people have origins like that? I've moved so often I sometimes think it must be wonderful to just stay in one place - real home.

Cool

Yellowstone park, where most of the Bears come from Nah, not really just plain boring Wonderful Wick(allegedely)

so most of us can claim to be mongrels then?
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Ive been to crufts once, does that still make me a mongrel? ha ha
    computer says no ........

Maternal grandparents descended from Scottish border folk and well to do Salford drapers - my Great Grandfather was cast out from the fold - the black sheep of the family.

Paternally descended from Shropshire agricultural labourers and shoe makers.

Father settled here after being billeted near M/Cr airport during WW2, where he met me Mam.

I consider myself a citizen (not subject) of Britain, and that includes Scotland and Wales. Some might have different ideas but I consider it my right to settle anywhere on this island. No-one can be truly sure of where they have come from, though I can say with certaintly where I am going, eventually.
    Last edited by landmarker; 16-Jan-06 at 18:19.

I really dont know........... I think Im an Alien from another Planet..........I wanna go home

rich62_uk Guest

Rich.
    Grandparents Scotland and Jerusalem respectively parents Lincoln and Norwich
    I am from Norwich.
    Trish.
    I am from Bow East London so was my parents grandparents great grandparents etc.

rich62_uk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    I really dont know........... I think Im an Alien from another Planet..........I wanna go home
    I believe we have your children phoenix you can beam them up as you fly past....

I am from England.

Then I can claim duel countyship with Lancashire and Cumbria when it suits me. I was born in Ulverston which became a part of Cumbria in 1972. To narrow it down further, I am from 'South Ulverston' which is not in the South of the Town but the East.

My wife is Scottish, who thinks that marrying a Scot gives Englishmen their Scottish residency rights. I just think that I am taking advantage of laxidazical immigration rules.
    But if the pitchfork mob are seen heading my way then I'll get the message
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Cool

Well, around 14 billion years ago there was this big bang and here I am via the Glebe.

im half Canisbay and half Stroma = a Weeker noo

Quote Originally Posted by peedie man
    im half Canisbay and half Stroma = a Weeker noo
    There seems to be a few of us that are half Stroma..
    Does that make us immigrants or not??
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge
    Lancashire 100%

As lancashire as tater hash, donkey stones mill gates and ower gracie.
    I'm from Bradford, West Yorkshire... You wanna join me in celebrating Yorkshire Day this year Squidge?

Born in Liverpool (moved out at 6 weeks old apparently) brought up in Beverley in East Yorkshire, moved from there aged 21ish spent 6 months near Stoke on Trent, then 7 years in Derby, 5 years in a small East Yorkshire village halfway between Bridlington & Hull called Beeford, a year in Hull itself then I came to this paradise
    After I moved up here I found out that my nanas nana was born on Hoy!
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

i'm 100% caithness born an bred..my mothers side came from Dunnet and Stroma, on my dads side they came from Lyth and the Groats area. Did a bit of research about 2 years ago on Scotlands people website, got back to about the mid 1700's, they were still breeding in Caithness.

Talking

im a right heinz57 .....mum from inverness , dad from dundee....mums parents from latheron and edinbrugh/ireland , dads parents dundee/ireland/greenock....... no wonder im a bit mental lol
    Live life to the full, you only get one chance so make it count
    dont be to happy coz someone sure to shoot you down

Both parents German.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast