Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zeppelin May Have Found Their Man?

Ha. Classic rock letter page is best in the month after one of their "Top 100" issues-"WHY NO BIFF BYFORD IN THE TOP FIVE METAL VOCALISTS?????????" etc etc.

The metal god in glasgow suggested the guy from Kingdom Come as a Plant replacement. Lenny Wolf. Kingdom Come: In Your Face (ho ho) was a pretty good album if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    Ha. Classic rock letter page is best in the month after one of their "Top 100" issues-"WHY NO BIFF BYFORD IN THE TOP FIVE METAL VOCALISTS?????????" etc etc.

The metal god in glasgow suggested the guy from Kingdom Come as a Plant replacement. Lenny Wolf. Kingdom Come: In Your Face (ho ho) was a pretty good album if memory serves.
    Kingdom Come are a great band, i remember back in 88 the hype surrounding their debut was huge, if i remember correctly i think it broke records for advance sales, 20 years later it's still a great sounding album, it might have borrowed heavily from Led Zeppelin but as i didn't, and still don't, have the slightest interest in Led Zeppelin the plagarism accusations thrown at Kingdom Come didn't bother me at all, 'In Your Face' was a great sophmore release and still also sounds good these days, Lenny Wolf has constantly released Kingdom Come albums over the years, some good, some poor, don't think he would make a good replacement for Robert Plant though, he had the vocal range 20 years ago, but like many high pitched singers from that era he struggles to reach those notes these days.

I also really love Lenny Wolf's pre Kingdom Come band 'Stone Fury', their two albums from 84 & 86 are really good melodic rock albums, the guitar work from Bruce Gowdy (Unruly Child, World Trade) is fantastic, check out the track 'Break Down The Walls' on youtube.

Here is the song only.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=65gnBb...eature=related

And the video, not great quality.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2U1g5bfu7-0

Buddy's top three "If plant wont do it someone has to" list.

1. Chris Cornell
    2. Blayze Bailey
    3. Scott Holderby from Mordred.

Scott holderby could bring aaron vaughn along to put some beats n scratches into misty mountain hop.

Buddy's top three "If plant wont do it someone has to" list.

1. Chris Cornell
    2. Blayze Bailey
    3. Scott Holderby from Mordred.

Scott holderby could bring aaron vaughn along to put some beats n scratches into misty mountain hop.
    Blaze Bailey?...surely you jest?, he's got the vocal range of a bull with Laryngitis
    Scott Holderby...now there's a random curveball thrown into the mix, can't quite see it myself though, Chris Cornell would do a damn fine job, he's got a voice...and then some.

Blayze was indeed a jest as was scott holderby. Mordred were a great band though.

Chris Cornell has the voice for it right enough.

Mordred were a great band though.
    No argument there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12