Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeppelin May Have Found Their Man?

Default Zeppelin May Have Found Their Man?

Hey,

As many of you know im quite a very big huge fan of Alter Bridge...iv posted on here a few times about them but no1 has really taken an interest...

Just thought use may like to read a few articles cirrculating the web these last few days regarding Alter Bridges singer Myles Kennedy alledgly being lined up to join Zeppelin(minus Plant) on tour.

About time this band and singer got some publicity!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=106458

http://www.zmemusic.com/feature/news...nnedy-on-deck/

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1796429.ece

With all due respect to this guy, it would be a travesty to have the final hurrah of Zep Led by anyone but Plant.

Personally I think the band are past their sell by date anyway, and Jason Bonham is no replacement for his dad. They need to augment the band with some backing singers, a 2nd guitarist or even a third, a full time bass player and a decent drummer if they are going to rock the way they should.

Jimmy Page has done some Zep stuff with the Black Crowes,,,,sounded pretty good til me.
    not that this is really anything to do with the original post.
    soz.
    it's a sair fecht

The guy from Alter Bridge is a good singer... but tbh, I don't think he'd be that great at doing Led Zep songs. Besides, what's Led Zep without Plant AND Bonham? A cover band?

Am I missing something?

Last I heard, last week, they had all kissed and made up!

Im sure I read it in the paper.

Seen Zep in Dec, once in a life time gig, won the tickets cannot be compared with seeing them when they made the music must have been leathal

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    The guy from Alter Bridge is a good singer... but tbh, I don't think he'd be that great at doing Led Zep songs. Besides, what's Led Zep without Plant AND Bonham? A cover band?
    good singer?
    understatement...awesome voice(cant think of anyone with a better voice in that genre of music) also as a musician...hes also quite a dab hand on guitar...espically in his early bands and with his solos with AB.
    i agree with that without plant and bonham it aint gona be the same but times have changed...if Myles was to take part i reckon he wouldnt ruin any of the songs...simply put his on style and class on them. Someone with that much talent wouldnt murder a song. Hell...AB have already covered a Zeppelin song and got much praise for it.

There's loads of singers out there with an awesome voice, some more suited to this gig, which was what I was implying. Myles is good, but I don't think he'd be great for Led Zep.

We're all entitled to our opinion though.

Myles is an amazing singer, but he should have kept The Mayfield Four together, by far the best material he has sung on, Mars Hotel is an absolute classic song.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Myles is an amazing singer, but he should have kept The Mayfield Four together, by far the best material he has sung on, Mars Hotel is an absolute classic song.
    you crazy?
    as good as mayfield four were...and myles singing on both their albums, to say his best vocals were with them is ludicrus.
    mars hotel...good song...if your wantin Myles best song with the mayfield its Summergirl by a country mile...he holds that last note of the song for a good 30 seconds...unheard of.
    But with Alter Bridge...i could name at least 10 solid vocal songs easily, plus hes an accomplished guitarist with AB aswell.

There's loads of singers out there with an awesome voice, some more suited to this gig, which was what I was implying. Myles is good, but I don't think he'd be great for Led Zep.

We're all entitled to our opinion though.
    any names?
    i cant think of any that would be as good as myles for Zep

Perhaps your opinion is a bit biased.

The guy from the Black Crowes would certainly be a lot better than Myles tbh

The guy from the Black Crowes would certainly be a lot better than Myles tbh
    Agreed, i also think Taylor Hawkins did a damn good job of singing Rock n Roll with them at Wembley back in July.

I think Page and Jones should learn from when Queen got the guy from Free to sing with them. Damn good singer but everybody still went 'ITS NOT REALLY QUEEN THOUGH!'

i think this guy should b considerd aswell

quite simply an awesome voice!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bSdzXSp1wF0

It's incredible that Page and Jones would consider doing it with someone else. Maybe Page needs the cash to pay a tax bill or something.

To do it with anyone but Plant would be the most egregious binning of a legace since Brian May decided to urinate on everything he's ever done by turning Queen into a for-hire cabaret available for collaboration with boy bands and playing on the roof of buck palace.

Cazart!

Tortelvis would be my option.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Tortelvis would be my option.
    haha

good joke lad

Quote Originally Posted by bigbenjokazooie View Post
    you crazy?
    as good as mayfield four were...and myles singing on both their albums, to say his best vocals were with them is ludicrus.
    mars hotel...good song...if your wantin Myles best song with the mayfield its Summergirl by a country mile...he holds that last note of the song for a good 30 seconds...unheard of.
    But with Alter Bridge...i could name at least 10 solid vocal songs easily, plus hes an accomplished guitarist with AB aswell.
    It's not ludicrous at all, it's all about personal taste, i was a fan of The Mayfield Four long before Alter Bridge were formed and happen to prefer them to Alter Bridge, i like the debut AB album but Blackbird never really set my world on fire, i found it very average if i'm honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    It's not ludicrous at all, it's all about personal taste, i was a fan of The Mayfield Four long before Alter Bridge were formed and happen to prefer them to Alter Bridge, i like the debut AB album but Blackbird never really set my world on fire, i found it very average if i'm honest.
    ur right...it is about personal taste.
    taste aside...im talking about vocal talent...and Myles has got a bucket load, he has a voice like iv never heard...not even in todays music industry.
    his voice is so versatile that he could pretty much sing anythin and put his own spin on it,
    thats wat the threads about, not about which bands better than the other, im talkin about soley about Myles himself

Question: is this Caithness.org? Or is this the letters page from Classic Rock magazine?

And I was serious about Tortelvis, seriously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast