Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: How about an "org" song?

Default How about an "org" song?

Just a thought but how about all us muso's getting together to come up with a song? (not about the org!!!)
    It would be a "virtual" band. I could put together a Drum and bass backing in mp3 format then send it to whoever wanted in on it.They could then add Guitar,Vocals synth etc as they see fit.

I think it would be a good blast and a good way of expanding everyones musical knowledge by seeing things from someone elses perspective.
    If anyone has an idea of a chord structure etc from a tune that they maybe started but never took it further then we could use that as a basis or we could start from scratch.
    I am open to all kinds of music and styles so if your interested post and lets see if we can make a "virtual" band with some "virtual" songs!!

Okay - can I suggest a 7/8 time signature - and how about a non-diatonic chord progression....eschew standard structure..

Couple of Chordal Progression Suggestions;

Cmaj7 / A7b9 / D7 / A7

Bb9/Cmaj9/Gm7/Cmaj9

The potential is endless.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebus_Apollo View Post
    Okay - can I suggest a 7/8 time signature - and how about a non-diatonic chord progression....eschew standard structure..

Couple of Chordal Progression Suggestions;

Cmaj7 / A7b9 / D7 / A7

Bb9/Cmaj9/Gm7/Cmaj9

The potential is endless.
    hmmmmmmm that reads like fun mr. apollo

I am at a loss there phoebus!!!
    Whats wrong with a 4/4 G,C,D combo!!!!!!

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    I am at a loss there phoebus!!!
    Whats wrong with a 4/4 G,C,D combo!!!!!!
    lmao.......that also reads like fun as well pending on how it's done.

I reckon from reading Phoebus' chord & timing suggestion that I could probably pick 3 of the dude's fav guitarists off the top of my head & one of them would probably be Jeff Beck, possibly Larry Carlton. Whatcha reckon Phoebus??...7/8 luvvin it biy

btw the bill theme tune is 7/8

Aye You`re not far wrong Mr Chobbers - Larry Carlton - wow Mr 335 himself love his work -"Kid Charlemange" still gives me the shivers...

Nothing wrong with good ole 4/4 HotRod but variety is the spice of life....I`m thinking an African style clave rhythm with exented space for Holdsworthian widdle....have I gone too far?