Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: 4oth brithday

Default 4oth brithday

Do any of you have any idea what i can get my fella for his 40th an racking my brains but have no idea any suggestions

What are his interests?
    There are two rules for success:
    1. Never tell people everything you know

My oh loves his malts, so about 2 years afore his 40th I started buying any of the malts on special offer, this made the whole thing not cost as much and with it spread over the 2 yrs it wasn't so painfull.

He was one happy man whn he opened his 40 pressies and is still enjoying them nearly 5yrs later.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

That would make one happy hubby!
    There are two rules for success:
    1. Never tell people everything you know

Well I'm just harking very close to that figure myself and I don't have a clue. Maybe organise a special event - baloon ride, flying lesson, F1 car ride, etc?

Aye he was and its saved me a fortune not having to buy malts at the full price over the last 5 yrs - there was method in my madness lol
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

You dropping hints there Bob

LOL no - was maybe going to do rally driving at Knockhill myself but that might be 'on hold' for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    LOL no - was maybe going to do rally driving at Knockhill myself but that might be 'on hold' for now...
    Bob, #2 Son's wife gave him a day at Knockhill as his birthday prezzie a couple of years ago, the grin was frozen on to his face for weeks
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

You could always try for some overalls, for when you get him to decorate your home for you, save you paying for a decorator.

Thrumster - next to the best pub in the world "The Old Smiddy Inn"

Default Ideas for 40th

2 years ago I had a fabulous 40th - here are some of the "gifts" I got:

A voucher to attend a rally driving and off-the-road army vehicles day out - BRILLIANT!
    About 30 bottles of various malt whiskies
    Engraved decanter and glasses
    A newspaper of the day when I was born
    Some wonderful books
    A beautiful painting by a local artist
    A brand new top of the range seal skin kilt sporran
    Clan crest kilt pins
    Cash to buy a new kilt
    Silver pen set and knife opener

Lots of other ideas and it was like having several Christmas Days all in one! Do you know anyone who knits homemade Arran, Icelandic or Shetland garments - some guys appreciate that - and they're not cheap!

WBG

Quote Originally Posted by justine View Post
    You could always try for some overalls, for when you get him to decorate your home for you, save you paying for a decorator.
    hehehehe good idea justine trouble is he does not live with me ha lives in fife so when we get together have better things to do if you know what i mean lol

personalised glass ware - glass/decanter etc. check here they have some lovely gifts http://www.countryimages.co.uk/

I went to Australia on my own for my 40th

Quote Originally Posted by alanatkie View Post
    personalised glass ware - glass/decanter etc. check here they have some lovely gifts http://www.countryimages.co.uk/
    If you are going for a personalised gift or one in glass I suggest you visit Willie Bain at the Wick Industrial Estate. He will turn anything plain into something special. Great ideas there too, worth even a visit!
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.