Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: hand knitter

Default hand knitter

i was wondering if there is somewhere in caithness that take on hand knitters and i am looking for knitting to do in the winter months

Default Hand kintting

Just a thought..... why not take samples of your work into one of the Craft shops - Caithness , Inverness or wherever, and offer to knit for them on a Sale or Return basis. Have your list of prices all worked out beforehand.
    Remember that shops work to a season, so it's no use making garments for one season, that you wont have ready in time - so work for a season well ahead.

A word of advice though if you dont mind - keep it simple and make for adults - children's handmade clothes turn out too expensive for folk to afford. Although 'simple' put something of your individual design into the garment. You want to be original after all - something to catch the eye .

If you want a decent price for your hard work, then use good materials - cheap materials end up being a cheap item and no one benefits.

My very best wishes to you - I think it's a wonderful idea.

Trinkie

i have my winter project well in hand lol i am knitting a single ply shetland wedding shawl. took me several attempts before i got the centre pattern sorted but it is now coming along great. should have it finished just after new year with a bit of luck and hard work lol and yes i am a man just incase you were wondering
    If its profound what was the name of the golfer and what did he find?