Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who Got Booked Today

Quote Originally Posted by Chillie
    I see Wick's new wee traffic warden was out today for the first time i believe and handing out ticket's like sweetie's, who all got one or told to move ?
    I got a blinkin ticket the other day
    We were parked out the Alexander Bain as we popped into the planning department. Didn't realsie you're not supposed to park there.
    Still, I'd rather they found revenue by ticketing illegal parkers than by charging at the car parks. I just wish they'd have more obvious signs about who can and can't park there. I aways thought that parking place was for the pub and the council - guess not!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    It dosn't matter whether they are there or not, as long as the 30mh sighns are up that is the speed you should be doing.. Every time I find myself speeding my conscience asks me if I could live with the consequenses if someone else was injured or killed because of me speeding, it always seems to work for me!!
    So why is it then that going along the main road to wick where all the roadworks are ....still, there are 30 mph speed signs all the way, but that stupid convoy vehicle only does 10mph?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by philupmaboug
    I hear he has booked a few for not having an up to date licence displayed, about time these issues were dealt with.
    watch out for him checking to make sure its displayed properly as in its holder right as he is being a little hitler if a bit of it has slipped and is hidden.

I think hes a joke personally way hes going about the place. Thinking hes got more authority than he has and just looking to write another slip of paper for basically nothing, money grabbing swines at end of day.

P.s i havent been booked so not having a gurn because of that.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo
    I got a blinkin ticket the other day
    We were parked out the Alexander Bain as we popped into the planning department. Didn't realsie you're not supposed to park there.
    Sorry porshiepoo but it's a pedestrian area, you shouldn't have you car in there. Many people just use it as a short cut now, I think the police/traffic warden should be more severe in that area.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

Quote Originally Posted by wicker
    watch out for him checking to make sure its displayed properly as in its holder right as he is being a little hitler if a bit of it has slipped and is hidden.
    No your sturring with a stick doesnt matter which way you look at it if you dont have your tax disk displayed then how will the warden know if you have tax or not ??? i know mind reading isnt part of anyones job requirements

SIMPLE FACT IS THAT IF YOU DONT DISPLAY YOUR TAX DISK THEN YOU DESERVE TO BE FINED

everyone else has the ability to stick there tax on the window it isnt hard sticky tape will do the job and its cheap to buy as well

If it has fallen off and you can produce it then i am almost certain that the ticket will be squished

As for the

Quote Originally Posted by wicker
    I think hes a joke personally way hes going about the place. Thinking hes got more authority than he has and just looking to write another slip of paper for basically nothing, money grabbing swines at end of day.
    Correct me if i am wrong cause i am not to sure about this isnt a traffic wardens job to give tickets out for parking and tax issues ??? how is that "more authority than he has" ???

We all know the rules its in the highway code that on a single yellow line you can only park for 10 mins after that you get a ticket doesnt matter if your in court or paying bills thats what we have car parks for (there wonderfull places that let you park there for free without fear of getting a ticket from the warden) (i know sarcasm is great isnt it !!!) 10 mins is all you get on a single yellow the only reason people are complaing is the fact wick has had it to easy for long enough now the rules are being enforced coprrectly people like you are moaning about it !!!

Rant Over
    Last edited by The Angel Of Death; 01-Feb-06 at 17:14.
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

I am referring to remarks made on page 4. The reason that disabled people get to park outside the post office is because the ARE disabled and it really annoys me when able-bodied people moan about this cause they should be thankful the have nothing wrong with them and can walk as far as they want and as far as the fancy cars go do you hear disabled people moan when they see able-bodied drivers in fancy cars no they dont so deal with it.
    Last edited by beena; 01-Feb-06 at 17:00.

He is doing a really good job, judging from the look of Bridge Street! Wick was badly in need of a traffic warden.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater
    Sorry porshiepoo but it's a pedestrian area, you shouldn't have you car in there. Many people just use it as a short cut now, I think the police/traffic warden should be more severe in that area.

Oooooops! So why is there parking spaces there then???? Huh?????
    Oh deary, well i've learnt my lesson and I shan't be parking there again.

unicorn Guest

Would you do his job???
    I wouldn't... you would need very wide shoulders and a thick skin...... give the poor traffic warden a break people he needs to work to pay his bills the same as we do.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn
    Would you do his job???
    I wouldn't... you would need very wide shoulders and a thick skin...... give the poor traffic warden a break people he needs to work to pay his bills the same as we do.

Hey I don't have a problem with him!

I got a ticket but it was well deserved by all accounts.

I agree with you unicorn, it's a hard job.

So why is it then that going along the main road to wick where all the roadworks are ....still, there are 30 mph speed signs all the way, but that stupid convoy vehicle only does 10mph?

Because it is a 10mph where the men are working

Oooooops! So why is there parking spaces there then???? Huh?????
    Oh deary, well i've learnt my lesson and I shan't be parking there again.
    For disabled Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater
    I seem to remember seeing a sign up on the wall saying you can park at certain times. Will have a look next time i am in.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander2222
    Because it is a 10mph where the men are working
    Then the saying, "All men are equal, but some are more equal than others." (With apologies for misquoting George Orwell) must apply in Caithness as well as on Animal Farm.

Why are they so concerned about men working in one set of roadworks by providing a convoy setup at walking pace when at another set within the same area the poor workmen are left to fend for themselves against marauding drivers?
    Or is it more likely that the machinery in one set is worth a lot more?
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    Why are they so concerned about men working in one set of roadworks by providing a convoy setup at walking pace when at another set within the same area the poor workmen are left to fend for themselves against marauding drivers?
    Or is it more likely that the machinery in one set is worth a lot more?
    It is an insurance requirement that when doing certain tasks they have the convoy system.I got told that by one of the guys working there

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn
    Would you do his job???
    I believe in equality, all Traffic Wardens should be hated with equal ferocity!

Give him a couple of months and I will feel sorry for him because after that all he will have to do is struggle to find the odd tourist. The rest of the time he will be pushed to find something to do!

porshiepoo, check what the signs say at the entrance to the pedestrian area. Often there is an exception for either loading or unloading and also sometimes for 'access to premises'. Depending on what the signs say then it might be worth checking the wording of the regulation.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

krieve Guest

I think that it has got alot better since the traffic warden started his job the other day there was a bairn crying outside a shop and he was speaking to the bairn and it stopped crying can't be all bad . Then today someone was parked in the bus stop the bus came along and he seen the car and helped the driver to drive of without hitting the car in front .

Quote Originally Posted by krieve
    I think that it has got alot better since the traffic warden started his job the other day there was a bairn crying outside a shop and he was speaking to the bairn and it stopped crying can't be all bad . Then today someone was parked in the bus stop the bus came along and he seen the car and helped the driver to drive of without hitting the car in front .
    Don't be fooled! He's finding it so difficult to find illegally parked cars he's now resorted to illegally parked pushchairs.

I'm certainly gonna check out the wording on the parking regs in that area. I know you can park there cos there are parking bays.
    I don't mind getting the ticket if i'm at fault but I still want to check it first!

Quote Originally Posted by krieve
    Don't be fooled! He's finding it so difficult to find illegally parked cars he's now resorted to illegally parked pushchairs.

I'm certainly gonna check out the wording on the parking regs in that area. I know you can park there cos there are parking bays.
    I don't mind getting the ticket if i'm at fault but I still want to check it first!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345