Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who Got Booked Today

[QUOTE=JAWS]weeboyagee, that's terrible, I can't believe that of you.
    Are you seriously trying to tell us that you were driving merrily down the road and just happened not to see the big shiny car covered in hideous great patches of reflective tape, the big stickers saying "POLICE" and a Flashing Blue Light on it, and you missed seeing it?

NOt only weeboyagee missed the police car but his 92 year old granny in the passenger seat egging him on, she loved getting up the road from Edinburgh in record spead and felt so guilty she payed his fine..lol.
    I hear they caught over sixty cars at Hempriggs the other day nice little earner for the boys in blue.

krieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by angela5
    Sounds like you had your photo taken there jaws..is it a police van that sits there i never even noticed it.
    The police hide all over the place waiting for speeding drivers.

Talking

i did talk to the trafic warden yesterday
    lovley man to speak to
    asked him about stopping on bridge street
    as we are clearing out the house and giving loads to blythwoods
    he told me that it was fine to park there to off load.. just to make sure that when we do to put our hazard lights on and lift the boot so that any passing warden will know you are offloading.
    and that any warden coming along would realise what you are doing and wouldnt book you..
    just cant park there so you dont have to walk a few extra feet to get where you are going! *Grins*
    on another note. have noticed the safeway car part is a lot more full now that we have a traffic warden!
    http://itqueries.com/

Sounds like you had your photo taken there jaws..is it a police van that sits there i never even noticed it.
    To my utter dismay it was the plain white Safety Camera Van. I was in a line of traffic (I know officer, that's no excuse! ) so I know they got three of us and I didn't notice if there ware any more behind. it was the middle of the day so it depends on how many had backed up behind at the last traffic lights.
    It was sitting in the middle of the long gap which was between the actual works.
    Can't complain, "Guilty as Charged". I suppose it makes up for the other two million cases when they've missed me!
    That's not including the ones where I've ended up with very sore knees and the horrible taste of boot polish on my tongue.
    And NO! I do not intend to have them 'Taken into Consideration', if they want to have me for them too then all I have to say is, "Prove it!"
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland
    I hear they caught over sixty cars at Hempriggs the other day nice little earner for the boys in blue.
    Yes, that was my claim to fame!

I wish I could earn three and a half grand for sitting round for a few hours. (Not that I would think for one minute it wasn't just a revenue collector)
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

scrapydoo Guest

I see there are still some people in wick trying to dodge the traffic warden.

Where abouts on the hempriggs road is this van, i went along there on saturday afternoon and didnt see anything, its hard to stay at 30mph for all that stretch

Quote Originally Posted by wicker
    Where abouts on the hempriggs road is this van, i went along there on saturday afternoon and didnt see anything, its hard to stay at 30mph for all that stretch
    Don't be fooled if you don't see a white van i never seen one but still managed to get my photo taken.

great i dont think, and they are supposed to be noticable and not in hiding anyway arent they

Quote Originally Posted by wicker
    great i dont think, and they are supposed to be noticable and not in hiding anyway arent they
    It dosn't matter whether they are there or not, as long as the 30mh sighns are up that is the speed you should be doing.. Every time I find myself speeding my conscience asks me if I could live with the consequenses if someone else was injured or killed because of me speeding, it always seems to work for me!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

[QUOTE=JAWS] I was in a line of traffic (QUOTE]
    How do they prove you were all travelling at the same speed?
    Also read short ago that someone on a motor bike was contesting a speeding ticket from a camera and found out that they hadn't been tested on bikes.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by scrapydoo
    I see there are still some people in wick trying to dodge the traffic warden.
    Yeah I noticed this today. The traffic warden was walking along Bridge Street - cars pulling off in all directions - people running out of shops and everywhere!! But once he got as far along as the nursing home the cars were parking again - same thing was happening in High Street.

They better be carefull!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by girnigoe
    Yeah I noticed this today. The traffic warden was walking along Bridge Street - cars pulling off in all directions - people running out of shops and everywhere!! But once he got as far along as the nursing home the cars were parking again - same thing was happening in High Street.

They better be carefull!!!!!

I find the antics of bridge street and high street really funny girnigoe since the traffic warden came along, as soon as his back is turned there parking all over the place.

krieve Guest

I was down the other day and everyone was running for there cars i saw one lady running out of the post office to get in her car but he got her lol

krieve Guest

oops i posted that twice by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by krieve
    I was down the other day and everyone was running for there cars i saw one lady running out of the post office to get in her car but he got her lol

I've seen so many make a dash for their cars some get lucky.

krieve Guest

I've seen so many make a dash for their cars some get lucky.
    Yip i have noticed he lets alot of them of with a warning they do get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by krieve
    Yip i have noticed he lets alot of them of with a warning they do get lucky.
    well I was at the post office and most of the fancy new cars parked at the door had their disability stickers up..

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    well I was at the post office and most of the fancy new cars parked at the door had their disability stickers up..

never,can you park on the street then with a disability car?

never,can you park on the street then with a disability car?
    I could be wrong..but i think you can..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast