Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who Got Booked Today

There is really no need to park on the street in Wick at any time of day unless you are disabled or picking up a large package. There are plenty of car parks within a 30second walk from the town centre. Outside the medical centre is horrendous and i often see people parked in the area marked for emergency vehicles. Hope they don't need an ambulance in a hurry.
    To stay young live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age.

Spiggie - I know there is a bit of the road with no yellow lines - however the majority park on the double yellow lines as they are too dammed lazy. We are very lucky in Wick we have FREE car parks within several seconds walking distance, it is the lazy gits who will not use them. I hope they get booked and learn their lesson.

Thrumster - next to the best pub in the world "The Old Smiddy Inn"

Default Traffic Wardens

Love them - they are fine fowk! They just need to be understood - they are still searching for their meaning in life God Bless Them........

.....but put a ticket on my car and ..........

Quote Originally Posted by weeboyagee
    Love them - they are fine fowk! They just need to be understood - they are still searching for their meaning in life God Bless Them........

.....but put a ticket on my car and ..........

Great minds think alike.

Traffic Wardens in Kaitness!!!!!, OMG whatever next, running water, flushing toilets, Tax discs on motor vehicles
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by The Angel Of Death
    Hardly "like sweeties" if you are parked where you shouldnt be or have out of date tax then why not get a fine for it if the rest of us have to pay tax and use the car parks then why not everyone ???

You can park on a single yellow line for 10 mins nowt said and longer if the warden doesnt see your car you only get the 10 mins when he notices your car and double lines are there for a reason eg outside graham beggs so you can see towards your right and not block the flow of traffic

I got a ticked for parking outside the music shop a few years ago had till watch the warden write it out taught me a £30 lesson as well but wick has been crying out for a warden for ages coming through bridge street is like a demolition derby at lunchtimes
    Sticking up for the in-law eh?? lol

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by wicker

Then surely if you break the law you deserve a ticket and a fine? 30 second walk is better than a £30 fine
    Live life to the full, you only get one chance so make it count
    dont be to happy coz someone sure to shoot you down

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

Quote Originally Posted by wicker
    In law or not i have been told that the same applies to me as all the other people that park where they shouldnt be and a 2 min walk seems far better to me than a £30 ticket what ever way you look at it
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

Cars are abandoned all over the place right from the sports shop to boots the chemist crammed in like sardines, it's no better along bridge street.

The car park at the river is horrendous if there is no spaces left rather than look elsewhere they are left just about anywhere, and if you are parked in a space ready to leave have you ever noticed how quick another car appears just ready to grab it.
    I now take my time in leaving i won't be hurried out .

klibreck45 Guest

while we are on the subject of parking how many ablebodied people park in the disabled parking just because they can not be bothered to walk a little bit further they should be ashamed of themselves
    Last edited by klibreck45; 12-Jan-06 at 15:31.

Quote Originally Posted by jbm
    while we are on the subject of parking how many ablebodied people park in the disabled parking just because they can not be bothered to walk a little bit further they should be ashamed of themselves
    That is another problem same goes for the parent and child spaces i mean they are there for a reason.

klibreck45 Guest

yes i agree with you parent and child and disabled parking are there for a reason not to be used by people who dont need them
    Last edited by klibreck45; 12-Jan-06 at 15:31.

Quote Originally Posted by golach
    Traffic Wardens in Kaitness!!!!!, OMG whatever next, running water, flushing toilets, Tax discs on motor vehicles
    And a number of HIBBYS

Thrumster - next to the best pub in the world "The Old Smiddy Inn"

Default Well matched!

Flushing toilets and hibees in the same post - sounds about right to me. Are we getting personal here or what......?

Quote Originally Posted by ice box
    Well may be i will get him up to my house to give the pratts that keeps parking in front of my garage and i can't get the car out for my work in the morning where are people comon sense i would'nt like to say ..... lmao

Had the same problem in another house I lived in. It was so bad, with parking on the sidewalk so close to the doors and gate that you had to climb over the car to get in and call the police, if you happened to be out of the house when they parked. To avoid it we parked infront of our own gate....and we ended up with a parking ticket!
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by jbm
    yes i agree with you parent and child and disabled parking are there for a reason not to be used by people who dont need them
    The new ones at Somerfields - I GIVE UP!!!! You just cant get into them because they are normally all filled up with cars who DONT have kids! Just folk too darned lazy to park further up and walk an extra few metres!!

Surely they must be able to do something about this???? Is this the responsibility of the Traffic Warden or not??

While you are on about Sommerfield car park does anyone agree with me? the disabled and parent/child spaces are huge but the general parking spaces are so tiny (littler than they used to be I reckon). How many bashes have people had in their cars from doors opening? They could have been abit more generous with their size of space - its not as if space is the problem - the car park is only full at Xmas and New Year - no doubt it will be empty when Tesco comes - lets hope they have bigger spaces to protect our cars.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow
    While you are on about Sommerfield car park does anyone agree with me? the disabled and parent/child spaces are huge but the general parking spaces are so tiny (littler than they used to be I reckon). How many bashes have people had in their cars from doors opening? They could have been abit more generous with their size of space - its not as if space is the problem - the car park is only full at Xmas and New Year - no doubt it will be empty when Tesco comes - lets hope they have bigger spaces to protect our cars.
    I agree with you Rainbow but the parent and child, disabled maybe huge but there's not enough of them. Yes the general spaces are tiny and i've a few little dents on my door, tescos hopefully will consider this when they design their car park.

Angry

grrr dont get me started on safeways parent toddler.. with two under 3's
    and i do go bye and see who has car seats and who dosent.. one day there was only me and one other car in all of em that had children!
    and what about on mcarthur street?
    ummm why is there always 3 lanes of parking on both sides?
    you cant get thru..
    when there is a funeral that is entirely dif.. cant but expect it! but every day all day!

I think one of the worst days for bad parking is on Sunday outside the Parish church.I know the lord said on the seventh day rest but did he mean for people to be so lazy.The cars are parked everywhere there is a space near the church ,pavements included when there is such a big car park just down the hill at Sommerfields(maybe they dont want their doors dented)I accept the disabled should be parked near the church but able bodied people shouldnt need to and its a lovely walk up the hill.A suggestion for alterations if ever they need to do more would be to open up the front doors of the kirk and have a drive through service then no-one would need to leave their cars at all.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast