Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who Got Booked Today

Default Who Got Booked Today

I see Wick's new wee traffic warden was out today for the first time i believe and handing out ticket's like sweetie's, who all got one or told to move ?

And about time too!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Karaoke Queen
    And about time too!

Here Here about time

Great news this is long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by pooh pooh
    Great news this is long overdue.
    Great thats all i need a wee manie chasing after me when i stop to pick up a paper when i park on a double yellow ......lmao

Thumbs down

In my opinion the traffic warden should be walking up a bit further and booking the people who park outside the Cliff Bakery, blocking the traffic, another place is outside Meiklejohns Tea Rooms, where there always seems to be a car parked , which is really annoying if you are going left at the traffic lights!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

I think its a good idea as long as the traffic warden is sensible and not a little hitler.Most traffic wardens in aberdeen relise that there is times were u would need to park outside a shop to pick something up if the item is awkward to carry and would give u a bit of leeway if your on double or single line the usually go into a shop and ask you to move your car depending on the situation.

If I am right Connie the owner of meiklejohns parks there during the day all the time .

that explains why there was only 2 cars in Bridge Street at 10.40am. It looked lovely....free flowing traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland
    If I am right Connie the owner of meiklejohns parks there during the day all the time .
    I did't realise it was the owner. That will explain why theres always a car parked there!! It's really annoying when no traffic can turn left there, especially when it's really busy!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

The traffic warden should target outside the medical centre in Wick. There is double yellow lines but people think that just because they are popping in quickly it is OK to park there. It is SO annoying. There is a car park at the medical centre and the pool opposite (I know you shouldn't park there so don't get on at me), and at the door to the Medical Centre is a disabled space for the infirm (which will involve less of a walk to the Centre door than from the abandoned car on the yellow lines).
    Parking on double yellow lines demonstrates how lazy some folk are, and in this sedentary lifestyle we apparently have nowadays, by walking a little will only help in improving your health.

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

Quote Originally Posted by Chillie
    I see Wick's new wee traffic warden was out today for the first time i believe and handing out ticket's like sweetie's, who all got one or told to move ?
    Hardly "like sweeties" if you are parked where you shouldnt be or have out of date tax then why not get a fine for it if the rest of us have to pay tax and use the car parks then why not everyone ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Box
    Great thats all i need a wee manie chasing after me when i stop to pick up a paper when i park on a double yellow
    You can park on a single yellow line for 10 mins nowt said and longer if the warden doesnt see your car you only get the 10 mins when he notices your car and double lines are there for a reason eg outside graham beggs so you can see towards your right and not block the flow of traffic

I got a ticked for parking outside the music shop a few years ago had till watch the warden write it out taught me a £30 lesson as well but wick has been crying out for a warden for ages coming through bridge street is like a demolition derby at lunchtimes
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

Talking

[quote/] wick has been crying out for a warden for ages coming through bridge street is like a demolition derby at lunchtimes[/quote]

It's like that all day. Let's hope there is now going to be a huge improvment on the flow of traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by pooh pooh
    It's like that all day. Let's hope there is now going to be a huge improvment on the flow of traffic.
    is there really that much traffic in wick?i mean,even on a bad day you can drive from one side to other in 3 mins.you can walk it in 12.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow
    The traffic warden should target outside the medical centre in Wick. There is double yellow lines but people think that just because they are popping in quickly it is OK to park there. It is SO annoying. There is a car park at the medical centre and the pool opposite (I know you shouldn't park there so don't get on at me), and at the door to the Medical Centre is a disabled space for the infirm (which will involve less of a walk to the Centre door than from the abandoned car on the yellow lines).
    Parking on double yellow lines demonstrates how lazy some folk are, and in this sedentary lifestyle we apparently have nowadays, by walking a little will only help in improving your health.
    Yes but just across the road from the medical centre at the swimming pool there is a gap where there are No yellow lines so therefore it must be ok to park there right.....?
    A balanced diet is a cake in each hand.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by donhouston
    is there really that much traffic in wick?i mean,even on a bad day you can drive from one side to other in 3 mins.you can walk it in 12.
    Well the walking part may be true....Driving sometimes takes a bit longer than 3 minutes you often get stuck at the roundabout nobody know's if their coming or going. The part that annoys me is all the cars parked all the way down 1 side of the street and when others stop on the side on The Royal Bank Of Scotland you've to wait and let the cars coming towards you go. There was a bit in the paper a while back about people parking outside that bank, which they have ignored.

There are not enough vehicles in the whole of he County to create a decent Traffic Jam.

When you are having to wait many minutes, on a regular basis, to get through each set of traffic lights, then have a traffic problem.
    Taking 30 minutes to travel three or four miles is a traffic problem.

Having to wait a few seconds because somebody has parked is just a lack of patience.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Well may be i will get him up to my house to give the pratts that keeps parking in front of my garage and i can't get the car out for my work in the morning where are people comon sense i would'nt like to say ..... lmao

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    There are not enough vehicles in the whole of he County to create a decent Traffic Jam.
    I remember not that long ago where they were tarring one side of the road beside the bike shop over the bridge in thurso and that combined with the traffic coming from dounreay and manpower at the same time as well as the normal thurso traffic created a pretty good traffic jam it took me almost 45 mins to get out of thurso that afternoon and im sure that that was only a fraction of the vehicles in the county
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

icebox, sorry, I was meaning problems caused by "normal" type problems as in when you have to wait a few seconds for the road to clear.
    Idiots who create a complete blockage either by stupidity or by ignorance are a completely different kettle of fish and, like the fish, are better boiled in oil.

Angel of Death, ask the good people of Edinburgh or Glasgow, I think you will find that they have that problem all day, every day with or without roadworks.
    Is there anywhere in the County which cannot be got to under normal conditions, even at the furthest extremes, which cannot be got to well inside a couple of hours?
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast