Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Controversial Negro support Hayseed Dixie

Default Controversial Negro support Hayseed Dixie

Y'all;

My band, Controversial Negro, are supporting Hayseed Dixie, in Glasgow, at the Garage, on Sunday 29th Jan. It's the second night of their two Sold Out shows, however I do believe there will be a few made available. So, on the off-chance anyone from here is down there, come along and make yourselves known. I'll be the one resembling a NASA student. Nuff said.

Incedentally, we sound like the Blues Explosion with Zombie Elvis (www.superelvis.co.uk) singing.

Out.

Won't be able to make it but all the best for the gig. I'm sure you'll go down a storm

Cheers
    Darren

Hayseed Dixie are such a cool band!! If only there peeps in caithness willing to play that kind of music!

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge
    Y'all;

My band, Controversial Negro, are supporting Hayseed Dixie, in Glasgow, at the Garage, on Sunday 29th Jan. It's the second night of their two Sold Out shows, however I do believe there will be a few made available. So, on the off-chance anyone from here is down there, come along and make yourselves known. I'll be the one resembling a NASA student. Nuff said.

Incedentally, we sound like the Blues Explosion with Zombie Elvis (www.superelvis.co.uk) singing.

Out.
    Great news Pepsi.....keep up the good work

Have a good one!
    You get what you give

A couple of weeks later and I've only just recovered...

Quite easily the most bizarre show of my life. 1000 people gauped and stared as Contra Negra kicked out the jams, Superelvis karate kicking his way through our half-hour set. Obviously, we blew Hayseed Dixie off the stage. We wore better outfits, had more energy and - and! - drank more than they did. Those powder puffs, learning to drink in Caithness means no soft southern nancy stands a chance. Anyway... t'was a good night all round. Oh, and a big shout to the Thurso-ites who made it to the show - all three of you.

Adios amigos...

TPC