Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Forres House Hotel

Talking Forres House Hotel

myself and my partner won an £80 meal for two for the forrs house hotel
    was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for the meal, whats good, ive never been before....

thanks in advance
    Last edited by Ash; 23-Sep-08 at 08:20.
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Do you mean Forss Ash?

Just what I was wondering too. If it's Forss House Hotel, Thurso, the food and service are excellent. Would definitely recommend it. It might seem a bit pricey to some folk, but you certainly get what you pay for. Its mostly traditional food with a twist. Yours is free Ash so you'll enjoy it all the more.

yes it is
    sorry

Must be one of the best places for fine dining in caithness. Would highly recommend going.The food is the best i have ever tasted in caithness.

was curious to what sort of things are on the menu

http://www.forsshousehotel.co.uk/ourfood.htm
    doesn't tell you much but sounds lovely - enjoy Ash!

aye agree the food in nice, but hey if you like a decent size portion then you will be dissapointed, went there with work once and it is more about presentation than anything else, but what you do get is lovely.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

If you can manage it I also recommend staying overnight as you will get very comfy in there and will not feel like driving home afterwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Murdina Bug View Post
    If you can manage it I also recommend staying overnight as you will get very comfy in there and will not feel like driving home afterwards!
    aye the lady that runs it gave us a tour round aswell must say very impressive.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Ate there with friends last year, can't wait to go back again ! Food superb Perhaps you pay more but it's worth it ! I'm a vegetarian so it was nice for me to have a selection which was far from ordinary ! Enjoy your meal - I'm envious !!!

Smile

We went for Valentines' weekend last year and really enjoyed it. The food could not be bettered and we managed all three courses. The staff were brilliant - a good example of how to treat customers.
    You'll have a great time.