Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slugs

They don't dispose of my plants humanely , they massacre them, so Im afraid its all out war here and anything goes
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    They don't dispose of my plants humanely , they massacre them, so Im afraid its all out war here and anything goes
    My feelings exactly!

Default Slugs and ashes

I've read that slugs don't like moving through wood ashes either so if you have a stove or fireplace that burns wood (and in the UK you may not have but thought it worth a suggestion) you can ring your plants with ashes.

Bonnie

Default slugs

Get yourself a duck,it will clean them up in no time,and think of all the lovely eggs you will get

Just read this thread, really interesting ! I used Bran in my Polytunnel this year ( scored 10/10 in a Organic slug prevention test in one of the gardening magazines!) Worked quite well but the bran does go mouldy after a week or two . Slugs do not like to crawl over it and if they do they like to eat it . The bran swells up inside them.... Will use it again next year though - alongside the two frogs who live happily in the polytunnel !
    Just to add- I might be wrong but I think I read somewhere that you should not feed Dog food to Hedgehogs ? I believe they cannot digest it properly ? (Same with bread and milk ) Think it was cat food recommended for hedgehogs .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12