Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Chocolate Pavlova

Default Chocolate Pavlova

This is so easy to make and so tasty, but not so good for the waistline!!

6 egg whites, 300g caster sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder sieved, 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, 50g good quality dark chocolate finely chopped.
    Whipped double cream and fresh rasps to serve.

Preheat oven to 180 degrees or gas 4. Line baking tray with greaseproof paper or baking parchment.

Beat the egg whites until satiny peaks form, beat in the sugar a third at a time until the meringue is stiff and shiny. Sprinkle in the cocoa and the vinegar, add the chopped chocolate and then gently fold in until all mixed in, this does take a wee while.

Mound onto the baking sheet.

Place in the oven, immediately turn temperature down to 150 degrees or gas 2. Cook for one to one and a quarter hours. When it is ready it should be crisp around the edges and the top but squidgy in the middle.

Turn off the oven, open the door and leave to cool

When completely cold, whip lots of cream, pile that on the top and then sprinkle some fresh raps over the top of that. (Rasps are optional as it tastes good with just the fresh cream on).

Totally delicious!! If you have never made a pavlova before give this a crack as it has never let me down and anyone I have passed on the recipe to has never had a problem either. Good luck. Scottish slimmers here we come......

Gonna get my daughter to give that a go skinnydog! She has taken to makin pavlovas and is a dab hand at 8 years old! She likes chocolate so I am sure she will be keen to expand her repertoire!

Sounds brilliant skinnydog will have a go as my meringue can be a bit iffy
    Its nice to be nice

Delicious! My daughter made it for my birthday and it was enjoyed by all! I was thinkin that stewed cherries would be great on top - kinda black forest like!
    PS Is very chocolatey and quite huge - bear this in mind - but awful good!

Sounds delightful. Now all you need to do is to come up with a Sugarless recipe for all us Diabetics.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Default yummy

i will defo have a piece
    "You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humansuseful domestic animals."- George Mikes