Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Wick Academy - Any Good To Watch?

Default Wick Academy - Any Good To Watch?

I often go along and watch Peterhead play on a Saturday if I have nothing else planned.

When I move to Caithness later in the year I wonder if watching Wick will be a good way to pass a Saturday.

Are they any good? Is there good banter? Is there a stand for those soaking December days?

More importantly, how is the pie and bovril?

It is £12 to get in to see Peterhead (with a fiver for "under 14's" which I think is a disgrace - that's the same price as under 16's at the Family Stand at Pittodrie). How much for Wick?

I realise the league table is not too flattering for Wick at the moment but I prefer seeing thrills & spills rather than just a winning team.

I have not watched recently but the games have always been entertaining (win or more often lose).

The prices the last time I visited the Harmsworth Park were £7 for an adult and £3 (I think) for school kids.

There is two stands at the Harmsworth, one behind the dug out and another across the park. The one behind the dugout being the more favourable.

Hope this helps.

Hi wick play some very good passing football that gets them praise from a lot of the other highland league managers its £6 pound for adults and £3 for kids and oaps the main stand has just been totally refurbished and has good views, the other stand is more like an enclosure now all the seats have been removed apart from the last row, the best banter is to be had behind the bottom goal known as the south road end this is where the hardcore fans stand