Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: sea bass

Default sea bass

lovley tasty 5lb sea bass
    Last edited by slinky; 21-May-09 at 21:00.

I think the idea of having a biodiversity forum, is to encourage the preservation of the species. Chapping Mr. Bass on the head would appear to be contrary to that. Any chance of a fillet?

Wink

didnt know where else to post it sorry guys instead of a fillet ive one in freezer ur more than welcome to if u want it send me a private message im in thurso by the way

thats a cracking size of bass for up here, i presume it was caught in the county?

yeah caught locally by me,me and my nephew have caught in excess of 130+ locally in thurso in secrect locations 2 weeks ago i got 4 crackers about 3lb size i asked bill to put it on front page for tourismn for fishing for anglers from a far who look at the org dunnet gets most publicity but tell u truth weve been to all hot spots there this year and caught nothing .

Don't suppose you could tell us the secret location for catching sea bass?

Crackin fish, only ever caught one up here, off Holborn Head.

Got nowt from Dunnet. Tried plenty though
    When the white man discovered this country Indians were running it.
    No taxes, no debt, women did all the work.
    White man thought he could improve on a system like this.
    Old Cherokee Saying

Now, the interesting thing is..... I would personally rather have a mackeral for dinner than a bass. Caught plenty of bass to around 5lb and tried cooking them in all sorts of ways - find the BBQ best. Think the flavour is very over-rated.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

depends how u prepare it i guess i like my left overnight soaked in lemon and herbs but everyone to there own

Default sea bass

i caught 5 or 6 2 weeks ago of the end of scrabster pear

Quote Originally Posted by orris View Post
    i caught 5 or 6 2 weeks ago of the end of scrabster pear
    mmm never caught of or heard of sea bass of there in my ten years of thurso fishing wot sizes were they i guess u know they have to be 36 cm before u keep em caught 12 other night me and nephew had to release 6 because under size sure u aint on about mackeral have u any pics ? maybe u did i aint judging u but they prefer shallow water/u any pics ???

Default world sea fishing

Try posting your fish on the world sea fishing site / forum / scotland.

The bigger fish will always be caught from Thurso because the marine geography is suited to them. Dunnet will only ever hold schoolies .

Wink

pm me e address pls il do so