Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Any Thin Lizzy fans?

Question Any Thin Lizzy fans?

Hi.

I used to listen to Thin Lizzy in my younger days & remember a cracking drum solo that went on for ages. Does anyone know what track I'm on about & what album? (maybe there's more than one??)
    I think it might be on ''Live & Dangerous''?, but I don't want to go out & buy it yet & it's not on it!!
    The track started off with music for a few minutes, then the drum solo for about 5 minutes, then finished with a couple of minutes of music again. It was a long track!!

Thanks if you can help.
    Kcb.

I've got it on cd and dont recall there being a long drum solo anywhere, but il check tonight and get back to you.

"Thin Lizzy" are apparently playing in the Ironworks at some point...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    "Thin Lizzy" are apparently playing in the Ironworks at some point...
    Well, depends on how you view Thin Lizzy...the brand name is appearing...but TL without Phil Lynot is a non starter...Slade minus Noddy Holder ! Anyway, thought you had a real job now Jeid...no time for this sorta caper any more ?

get zappster/gizmo etc on the case an am sure they'll know!
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

Quote Originally Posted by KILTIECAULDBUM View Post
    Hi.

I used to listen to Thin Lizzy in my younger days & remember a cracking drum solo that went on for ages. Does anyone know what track I'm on about & what album? (maybe there's more than one??)
    I think it might be on ''Live & Dangerous''?, but I don't want to go out & buy it yet & it's not on it!!
    The track started off with music for a few minutes, then the drum solo for about 5 minutes, then finished with a couple of minutes of music again. It was a long track!!

Thanks if you can help.
    Kcb.

That'll be "Sha La La" then.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Well, depends on how you view Thin Lizzy...the brand name is appearing...but TL without Phil Lynot is a non starter...Slade minus Noddy Holder ! Anyway, thought you had a real job now Jeid...no time for this sorta caper any more ?
    Agreed, I do not see the point in this, It's like Queen without Freddie or Nirvana without Kurt.
    Some people may enjoy all the old hits live but without Phil, I ain't so keen.

Whether it would be worth going or not would depend on whether they had Gazza on guitars....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97DM-xFBj48

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    That'll be "Sha La La" then.
    Thanks Metalattakk, spot on that was the one.
    Brings back memories that.

Thanks guys & gals, I knew I would find the answer here.

Cheers again,
    Kcb.

A real job Rob? Like yourself

I've always got time to skive.. You should see my mail box, it's crazy!

Agreed about TL, what's the point?

Agreed about TL, what's the point?

Living on former glories dude, that's the only reason they are doing it, oh and they might be skint.

Are there any original members in the band?

Default Lizzy live

I saw Thin Lizzy 3 times at the Glasgow Apollo by far the best was the combination of Gary Moore and Scott Gorham followed by John Sykes and Scott Gorham and then Snowy White and Scott Gorham. To be quite honest Snowy is a good technical guitar player but he stood out like a choirboy in a brothel! he just didn't fit in for me.
    The night they played with John Sykes (Thunder and Lightning Tour) Brian Robertson made a guest appearance he brought the house down, a pure showman.
    As much as I still love the band I agree with Robin without Phil Lynott what's the point.

Although I on another note I bought the new Queen album on Monday with Paul Rodgers on vocals and it's really good, but you have to approach it with an open mind as he is totally different style from Freddie Mercury. It has much more of a blues feel to it, I have always been a big fan of Free and Bad Company so for me it's spot on. Give it a listen and see what you think.

Default Original members

Are there any original members in the band?
    As far as I know John Sykes and Scott Gorham are the guitarists with Tommy Aldridge on drums and Francesco De Cosmo on bass.

On their current web site Scott Gorham cites himself as a founder member of the band, I think he will find that was Eric Bell on guitar not him. Gorham has been with the band in almost every incarnation though but not the first line up.

This thread got me thinking.
    Talking about frontmen etc taking over and it not working, Ac/DC surely bucked the trend(In popularity stakes anyway). Personally I much prefered Bon Scott and absolutely hate hearing Brian johnson doing Bon Scott songs as its not his voice, also thought Ac/Dc went a bit "over produced" after the legend died. I am sure there are "Brian" fans out there, as much as I still like Ac/Dc I just wish Bon didnt drink that last bottle of JD!!!

I saw Lizzy with their current line up in Aberdeen last year.

They were fantastic. A total shredfest. Classic rock at its best.

To put things in context, I saw them twice before in the 80's with Phil Lynott (and got an autograph once).

John Sykes voice does a great job singing in the right tone for the songs. It worked far better than I expected.

Don't allow your prejudices to keep you away from the Ironworks gig. A great band is a great band, whatever the line up. Different does not automatically mean inferior.

Phil may be gone but his music lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by David B View Post
    blah blah

Phil may be gone but his music lives on.
    And there we have it folks, a poet!

spewin that im missing lizzy in inverness coz im offshore...as i am for airbourne,Extreme,slayer rancid ,Motorhead & Lamb of god!!damn

Talking Whisky in the jar..

Whisky in the jar..one of the best songs ever recordered.and over 8 minutes longg fantastic....

Thumbs up

I could be wrong but I believe the track in question is Sitamoia ! Let me know if it rings a bell.