Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sinclairs Bar

Thumbs down Sinclairs Bar

My recommendation is to give it a miss!

We had a meal there tonight, when we arrived the bar was full of dirty glasses and ashtrays, I ordered wine there was none left so I chose another but they could not find the corkscrew.

We ordered food but was then told it was not available so had to order something else.

At this point we wanted to leave but had already paid for our meal.

The toilets were filthy, no toilet seats, no toilet paper, no hand soap in the dispensers just a big refill bottle had been left on the sink for you to help yourself, no paper towels and the hand-dryer had been ripped off the wall and was dangling by it's electrical cable.

That will be our last visit there for quite a while I should imagine

unicorn Guest

That sounds appalling. Environmental health should be called.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn
    That sounds appalling. Environmental health should be called.
    Is this the place?
    http://www.highland.gov.uk/prots/eh-inspections/premises/s-premises/sinclair's-the-shore-wick.htm

A clean bill of health, has it changed hands recently?
    Last edited by Rheghead; 06-Jan-06 at 23:20.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

That was a good report on sinclairs bar in may they have let it slip then julia if its as bad as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead
    Is this the place?
    http://www.highland.gov.uk/prots/eh-inspections/premises/s-premises/sinclair's-the-shore-wick.htm

A clean bill of health, has it changed hands recently?
    Yes, that's the place, we've eaten there before and it was very good then but that was about five months ago.

unicorn Guest

I would have refused the meal and left cos if it was like that I just couldn't have eaten the food anyway yuck!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if it's true, but I've heard it's the roughest bar in the town!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Nah i wouldnt say that Sinclairs is the Roughest bar in the town, theres one along the high street thats alot worse than there. I will agree though that the place is going down hill, i mean what does it take to have some organisation in the place...?
    A balanced diet is a cake in each hand.

I hope you had the decency to let the staff at this pub know about your issues and not just walk away and start badmouthing the place on these boards.

I canna be bothered with people who say nothing then whine later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I hope you had the decency to let the staff at this pub know about your issues and not just walk away and start badmouthing the place on these boards.

I said plenty! I'm not really known for saying nothing LOL

I have eaten there a few times, the last time being in between christmas and new year and can honestly say it was lovely
    jac

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    I don't know if it's true, but I've heard it's the roughest bar in the town!!
    What complete and utter garbage, Sinclairs is one of the better bars in town and there has not been any serious trouble in there for months, i cant remember the last time there was a proper fight in the place.

It's not bad mouthing in my view its a recommendation well not in this case,lol
    We like to hear views on peoples experiences in places where food is served.

Quote Originally Posted by Julia
    My recommendation is to give it a miss!

We had a meal there tonight, when we arrived the bar was full of dirty glasses and ashtrays, I ordered wine there was none left so I chose another but they could not find the corkscrew.
    The bar had been busy and the ONE member of staff hadnt had time to clear everything away from the tables, the corkscrew going missing was just unfortunate

We ordered food but was then told it was not available so had to order something else.
    Certain popular foods eventually run out at busy times, that just cant be helped, Sinclairs is certainly not the first bar to run out of something at this time of year

At this point we wanted to leave but had already paid for our meal.
    You could have quite easily had a refund and left if you were that unhappy

The toilets were filthy, no toilet seats, no toilet paper, no hand soap in the dispensers just a big refill bottle had been left on the sink for you to help yourself, no paper towels and the hand-dryer had been ripped off the wall and was dangling by it's electrical cable.
    The toilets had been cleaned as usual, if they were dirty it was only through usage during the day....and the male member of staff that was working is hardly going to notice if it needs cleaned, there is a toilet seat....someone once again had broken it, as for the hand dryer......it has been ripped off the wall around 4 or 5 times now, it amazes me the total dissrespect that girls have for the toilets in the bar they are drinking in.

As for the lack of toilet paper or hand towels....well that is inexcusable and does not usually happen, just an oversight which would have been rectified as soon as staff were made aware of the problem

Angry

I've used the Caithness web site in an appropriate manner and all I get is folk whingeing about my comments, what is the point having freedom of speech on a local forum if every time I voice my opinion I am shot down in flames!

I've used the Caithness web site in an appropriate manner and all I get is folk whingeing about my comments, what is the point having freedom of speech on a local forum if every time I voice my opinion I am shot down in flames!
    I for one appreciated your comments Julia. Too many people get shot down for just giving an honest opinion. As you say what is the point in a forum if you can't give your honest opinion. Maybe someone from Sinclairs will hear about this and buck up their ideas. If so you have probably done them a favour!!

get a grip you lot, i was only saying that i hoped you had told them, and i was not shooting any comments down in flames, i was merely expressing my opinion as you said you do often - whats wrong with that?

it is good that these boards are used to express opinions (thats only my opinion though)

I for one julia am not whingeing about anything you said i am all for freedom of speech.. feel free to post anything about what you feel.

Wink

get a grip you lot, i was only saying that i hoped you had told them, and i was not shooting any comments down in flames, i was merely expressing my opinion as you said you do often - whats wrong with that?

it is good that these boards are used to express opinions (thats only my opinion though)
    Andrew, If you read the posts I dont think Julia was refering to you. Unless, of course you are Gizmo????

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    Andrew, If you read the posts I dont think Julia was refering to you. Unless, of course you are Gizmo????
    Oh right, sorry - free speech rules! ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast