Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: New Bowling Club?

Default New Bowling Club?

Just wondering if anyone on the forum would be interested in starting a new club for indoor bowling ? please pm if this is of interest to you?

Question

Would this be in Thurso, Wick or a rural location ?

Thumbs up Indoor Bowling Club

I belong to Minehead Bowling Club in deepest Somerset - that's in England. I know of a new Indoor Bowling Club that has been up and running for over a year down here. It's called Wedmore Bowling Club - or more precisely Isle of Wedmore - though it's not on an island
    I know that they got a grant of some sort for half the cost, but had to raise the other half from potential members - or rather shareholders, as they all donated £2,500 each (100 of them), and had equall shares in the club. The total cost was £500,000 so think carefully.........

Quote Originally Posted by Iffy View Post
    Just wondering if anyone on the forum would be interested in starting a new club for indoor bowling ? please pm if this is of interest to you?
    Could you not join an existing club? I know they sometimes struggle for members.