Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: £1 billion energy saving package

Default £1 billion energy saving package

Brown has announced a billion pound package to assist people make energy payments and improved energy efficiency, a step in the right direction.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_171722
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Yes but how long will it take to be implemented?
    It is also of little help to pensioners that already have fully insulated and double glazed homes and with the average temperature rising these last few years, the chance of 7 consecutive days of below zero is virtually nil.
    Grants and assistance with the cost of insulating homes are already available through various agencies so nothing new there.
    What I would like to see explained is why The UK has the highest power costs of any where in Europe and why this is not being addressed.

Wonder if all the hot air that comes out of Westminster and the other legislative bodies throughout the UK could be harnessed and used for heating. Now. that would be a winner!

In addition to that...the Warm Front Scheme is not actually available in Scotland its another scheme where assistance is only available up to £500 I believe.

Does anyone know of who qualifies for a Cold Weather Payment. My Dad is a pensioner and doesn't think he has ever received it. I know that it is payable only when the temperature falls below 0 for 7 consecutive days.

You can tell that the people who dreamed this up live in cities as they talk all the time about gas and electricity prices. What about oil and calor gas - have they even heard of them?
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.