Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos for mid-life crisis

Thumbs up Krautrock - fantastisch

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Blyme Psyber, this wild combo does not look like they would cater for a clientel that wears cardis, corduroy slippers and sips cocoa!!! Do they fall into the category "Krautrock" then?

Fesch, fesch! Shall we call you Psyberrocket now??
    I just love most types of 'Krautrock' - except for Tokyo Hotel. Is the lead singer a boy or a girl?? Heavy rock musc needs to be BoG standard - the Americans don't have a clue about rock music. Americans seem to be happy with close-harmony singer together. I would have really liked to see Rammstein at an Ozzfest.

So, no, I put the cords and slippers away when I'm listening to proper mid-life crisis rock music - I would not want to spill my cocoa on them. That's my alter ego (Ace) on the motorbike. He's younger than me ;-)
    Things that go bump in the night generally have been influenced by a Siamese

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyhippo View Post
    Don't know about that but this is definitely 'Scotrock'

oooooo that's gorgeous, would LOVE to have that in my collection

Talking

Don't know about that but this is definitely 'Scotrock'

Oh yes I've got some 'Scotrock' as well - SAHB (Sensational Alex Harvey Band) from the 70's and some Ivor Cutler.

@GH great stuff, love the pattern
    @Psyber Tokyo Hotel, what a bunch of Milchbubis! So if you like Krautrock do you actually understand what the combos are singing about or do you just mime to the music??

Red face I could be singing anything, and I probably am....

@GH great stuff, love the pattern
    @Psyber Tokyo Hotel, what a bunch of Milchbubis! So if you like Krautrock do you actually understand what the combos are singing about or do you just mime to the music??
    Raven, nope, don't understand a word of it. I do a lot of Klingon shouting in the car when I'm on my own; I imagine my German is as good as Crabtree's French in 'Allo 'Allo. I don't know what I am singing along to - which I suppose is a bit dangerous.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by psyberyeti View Post
    Raven, nope, don't understand a word of it. I do a lot of Klingon shouting in the car when I'm on my own; I imagine my German is as good as Crabtree's French in 'Allo 'Allo. I don't know what I am singing along to - which I suppose is a bit dangerous.
    You are a bit like my brother singing in english then. He always finds it amazing when people actually understand what the band is singing. Never mind, as long as only you can hear what you sing, no harm is done

And now for something completely different...

When you are in the middle of your midlife crisis, have you already passed your best?

Peeps concerned tell me, because I havent got a clue :-)

When you are in the middle of your midlife crisis, have you already passed your best?

Peeps concerned tell me, because I havent got a clue :-)
    Of course you've passed your best, but don't worry, because the only person who doesn't recognise this fact is the person in the middle of the mid life crisis. But don't worry because if your in a true midlife crisis you'll be able to really enjoy all the things that cause your children maximum embarassment.....dancing in weird ways at family get togethers, singing out loud to songs while driving (especially to radio 2), getting excited when the post is delivered (even when its just junk mail), looking up old friends on 'friends reunited', claiming not to be able to work an ipod (what ever that is?) and all the other things that make mature middle age a thrill a minute. But the most important thing about is a midlife crisis is YOU JUST DON'T CARE.

Remember it should be every parents ambition to live long enough to become a burden to their children.....or as is also known.... pay back time.

I've been through the mincer of life and now I'm going rusty ........disgracefully!!!!!!

Just when you think everythings fine, life slaps you in the face.

Great picture, ! can equate to that one!

fantastic thread.

Talking

Of course you've passed your best, but don't worry, because the only person who doesn't recognise this fact is the person in the middle of the mid life crisis. But don't worry because if your in a true midlife crisis you'll be able to really enjoy all the things that cause your children maximum embarassment.....dancing in weird ways at family get togethers, singing out loud to songs while driving (especially to radio 2), getting excited when the post is delivered (even when its just junk mail), looking up old friends on 'friends reunited', claiming not to be able to work an ipod (what ever that is?) and all the other things that make mature middle age a thrill a minute. But the most important thing about is a midlife crisis is YOU JUST DON'T CARE.

Remember it should be every parents ambition to live long enough to become a burden to their children.....or as is also known.... pay back time.

I've been through the mincer of life and now I'm going rusty ........disgracefully!!!!!!

OHO, wise words GH! I shall remember them in about 20-30 years time

How about you and Psyber start up a boyband then??

@ Tides, please enlighten us what it is on the pic!!! Looks somewhat "well beyond midlife crisis"

Leaning on to GH rusty kitchen applicances...

What could be more boring than a rusty old pot on a stick? :-)

Default Now this is sad!

Here's an interesting one.

Stone in church wall at Balnakiel-Durness.

nirofo.

Back to the post vibe

All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

This has gone a bit quiet,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/north_light/2898709413/

The interesting question was "To remove the rubbish or not"?

Mind you the slipway was so slippery that what I was really concentrating on was not going "Base over Apex"!

Default Why would I have taken this photo?

A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

@ NL, rubbish in definately!
    @ Kevin, why would anybody take rubbsih photos?? :-))

Mid life crisis perhaps ???

Default I think it's getting serious.!//lol

A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast