Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos for mid-life crisis

Thumbs up to enhance the mid-life crisis

... just to enhance the mid-life crisis feel, I have "Julia Dream" (from the Pink Floyed Relics album) on repeat while sorting through my old photos. I'll be getting my hippy beads out again soon. Cool Man!

Sapphire, I find I'm zooming your photos to see what the words are on the components. Fantastic photos.

I can see I'm going to have to find my photo of my 'special stick' to put up for people to see.
    Last edited by psyberyeti; 10-Sep-08 at 20:19.
    Things that go bump in the night generally have been influenced by a Siamese

Smile The 'Special Stick' and 'cables holding power station together'

Stick, made by a friend to complete a very demanding task. It might not look like much, but it has fond memories of an exciting job while I sit by the Aga sipping my warm Cocoa.

Ah, nowI'm onto Hawkwind, 'Quark Strangeness and Charm. Seems apt for today. (What black hole? ;-))))))

This photo is a bloke photo - a view of the tensile cable ends that hold a nuclear reactor biological shield together. I thought it was very interesting nearly 30 years ago, and I still do now. I think it was to allow thermal expansion and contraction during operation, but keeping the concrete under tension. It was an official trip where we were allowed to take photos, even so I won't say where;

Taken with an old Chinon CE4 film camera under poor lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by psyberyeti View Post

Not brilliant quality, but exciting. It's bigger than it looks.

Good heavens psyber your not still using that old line. Are you?
    Just when you think everythings fine, life slaps you in the face.

GH love your second photo!
    Psyber, that green in the second photo of your last post must be universal! I remember seeing it at my dad`s work, the place was crawling with that colour!
    First photo looks slightly "Frankenstein-esque" :-)

Got some rusty old poles too...

They look as if they would have an endlife crisis rather than a midlife one :-)

Didn't think I had a rust pic - but I do! This is what is left of the belgian trawler that went aground just round from Thurso East!

Smile Boys Toys

If I was allowed to have one of these I would have one in bright yellow or lime green;

BoG (British or German) standard engineering (yes, that's where the term comes from) - and made in Great Britain.

This is my dad's toy car - must be from about 1940. I think he must have just sat and looked at it. Not a mark on it.

If I was allowed to have one of these I would have it just like this one :-)

Default Tonka

Hi Raven
    That reminded me of the old Tonka truck.
    Real tough toys for real tough boys,///TONKA.
    We went for a ride out one day and ended up going through a forrest for miles and miles and we ended up near Halidale I think.
    Did we pass that truck on the way.?
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

I saw these two dumpers at Gills Bay, thought they would make a good restoration project for someone with time-lots of it!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    If I was allowed to have one of these I would have it just like this one :-)

A fantastic piece of artwork Raven - but, I did think you might come up with a Unimog.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    I saw these two dumpers at Gills Bay, thought they would make a good restoration project for someone with time-lots of it!

Hello Joxville, do you know if they are still there? It would make a good subject for boys-toys/rust/decay/old/quiet/etc photos.

Smile Frankenstein?

[quote=Raven;430301]GH love your second photo!
    Psyber, that green in the second photo of your last post must be universal! I remember seeing it at my dad`s work, the place was crawling with that colour!
    First photo looks slightly "Frankenstein-esque" :-)

Raven, yup, you sussed it out. The long screwed bolt is used to hold my head on. I won't tell you where the bolt goes in. I am a self made man. It's just a shame that most of the parts were scavenged from the Rover plant in Birmingham when it closed down. Bits of me go on strike every Friday lunch-time and refuse to work for the rest of the day.

Sorry Psyber, no Unimogs on offer this time, maybe next time when I go home :-)
    Meanwhile this will have to do...

Must be something with oragne that is lureing me in to take the shot... :-)

Default Psyberyeti-re dumpers

They were both still there when this second pair of pics taken, a few months after the first two. The rusty dumper is on right of pic, just visible over top of Port-a-cabin. The yellow dumper has been moved to right hand side of entrance road. I notice there is an old bulldozer too which I didn't see on my previous visit.

Stunning shot Raven was the light low to the horizon when it was taken or has it been a little enhanced to get that wonderful glow?

Default Unimog

I've always liked the Unimog however I'd need a lottery win to afford this one:

Click the link for more info:

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...k-Edition.aspx

Default Think I went a little potty!

Default Then I got enmeshed!

Talking Ended up rather tyred!

Thanks joxville. I need to give a driving lesson this weekend, so that is where I will get my daughter to head for.

I love the black Merc truck. It's absolutely stunning. Yup, I could drive that to work.

Ace

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast