Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: would you share your wheelie bin with your neighbour

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO

34 43.04%
  • YES

33 41.77%
  • Only if my council tax bill was redused.

12 15.19%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheelie bin sharing

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    We already have these communal bins in Edinburgh, luckily the ones I use are not too far from my flat, we have black bins for everyday rubbish, and then a Green bin for Packaging and Plastic, and a Blue bin for Newspapers. We also have individual red boxes for household packaging collected fortnightly and blue boxes for glass and tins,also collected fortnightly. This seems to work in Edinburgh.
    Isn't it odd that only a couple of miles away from you golach, we only have the black bins and no provision at all for recycling? And yes, I have raised the matter with the council...on more than one occasion!

i think this is a great idea, we have done it before with our neighbours.

I voted yes. It would be a bit of a hike to the neighbour's, but I'd get more exercise which would be all to the good.

My neighbour could have our bin - we recycle as much as we can in three specially bought wheelie bins at our back door - they have different coloured lids.
    Once a week my OH takes it all to Janetstown along with the small amount of general rubbish.

we have been doing this for the last three years

Could possibly cause problems. For instance, what would happen if the Wheelie bin police inspected the bin and found the general waste one containing bottles etc....who would pay the fine? How could it be proved who put it there? What if the lid wasnt properly shut? A case in Whitehaven recently got fined something ridiculous like £200 because the lid of his Wheelie bin was open by 4 inches.

Since we have finaly had recycling collection where we live we hardly have anything in our bin. however we have a neighbour who has the same recycling bin and has never had it emptied as they do not put the right things in and the put in unwashed food tins and scraps. they are now wanting to put things in our bin we have said no as it would be left to us to sort it out.
    This is not a selfish act we would help anyone out but not when they blatently disregard the rules
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12