Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You listen to mine and I'll listen to yours!!

Default You listen to mine and I'll listen to yours!!

Following on from my previous thread thought it would be a good idea to post your own music so we can all have a listen. I know that I have an idea by peoples pics and qoutes etc what kind of music they make,but you can be wrong!!
    the only thing is ,you have to be on the recording in some shape or form, covers, own material anything goes as long as your "on it".

Looking forward to hearing some varied tunes, and please dont slag each others music off!(Especially mine!).

I have a cover version uploaded, the link is in my "needing help" thread.
    I am doing some original stuff but my drummer is being a pain(me) as is my bass player(me too!) and the guitarist keeps hitting bum notes(me three) so once I sort myself out will upload for y'all to hear
    Well C'mon whos first??????

Ok then I will start it off.
    Was bored this afternoon so created a myspace and made a quick song!.
    Its here:http://www.myspace.com/jinxd007rocks

www.myspace.com/astronotmusic

Suppose this goes for theboss as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    www.myspace.com/astronotmusic

Suppose this goes for theboss as well.
    Wicked tunes by the way. Have seen your bands name around for a while but never really noticed,silly me. Honestly well impressed

Hi biy, cheers. Much appreciated.

Had a listen to your track. Not my thing, but it's well put together for some home recording, well done

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Hi biy, cheers. Much appreciated.

Had a listen to your track. Not my thing, but it's well put together for some home recording, well done
    I have a very basic set up.
    A Junior bass, £69 acoustic and my Epiphone les paul and not forgetting my Tesco value £3.00 mic!! Connected directly through the mike socket of my Audigy Soundcard and recorded through Reaper and Guitar rig 3.With a little help from Isotope Ozone on the mixdown(to name but 1 of the 200 Vst plug ins i have and never use!!!). Very basic but I am getting there. Thats one of my poorest tracks but wanted to see how it would sound on the net!!
    Thanks for the feedback.

I have loads of songs but there are all re-workings of original tracks so cant post on the net. My fave one that i've done is "Enola Gay" by OMD with heavy thrashy guitars and mega overdriven melody. I used to love that song as a nipper and thought it could do with some oomph!!!!

www.myspace.com/gentlestrifemusic

My acoustic stuff, it's very roughly recorded at the moment and i don't have vocals on it yet but the general idea is there.
    For the 2 songs that are uploaded i used a Modal tuning, see what you think.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    I have a very basic set up.
    A Junior bass, £69 acoustic and my Epiphone les paul and not forgetting my Tesco value £3.00 mic!! Connected directly through the mike socket of my Audigy Soundcard and recorded through Reaper and Guitar rig 3.With a little help from Isotope Ozone on the mixdown(to name but 1 of the 200 Vst plug ins i have and never use!!!). Very basic but I am getting there. Thats one of my poorest tracks but wanted to see how it would sound on the net!!
    Thanks for the feedback.

I have loads of songs but there are all re-workings of original tracks so cant post on the net. My fave one that i've done is "Enola Gay" by OMD with heavy thrashy guitars and mega overdriven melody. I used to love that song as a nipper and thought it could do with some oomph!!!!
    Just had a listen mate, good quality for home recording, decent sound from a fairly basic setup.

i have some new tunes that i have been working on up,

first is super run and jump, was originally called stars and funk, but my friend shane told me that it sounded like old super nintendo music but turned modern, so thus the cheesy title.

the second is a piece i made after someone on another thread enquired about relaxtion music, so i created sunset.

enjoy.

woops, the site is www.myspace.com/davidjhobbs

lose my head if it wasnt supported with gaffer tape.

Quote Originally Posted by loganbiffy View Post
    www.myspace.com/gentlestrifemusic

My acoustic stuff, it's very roughly recorded at the moment and i don't have vocals on it yet but the general idea is there.
    For the 2 songs that are uploaded i used a Modal tuning, see what you think.

Cheers.
    Love the sound your getting there, what kind of guitar is that its got a lovely tone?
    Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    woops, the site is www.myspace.com/davidjhobbs

lose my head if it wasnt supported with gaffer tape.
    Thats some good sounds you got going on there. Its a very original sound which is so hard to find these days. Impressed with what youve done. Tried to leave a comment but not allowed to

Love the sound your getting there, what kind of guitar is that its got a lovely tone?
    Great stuff.
    Thanks mate.
    It was just a cheap Freshman electro-acoustic, quite nice though.
    I just had my new acoustic delivered so i shall be recording more with it.

That was fantastic! Why are you unsigned??!!!

hmm strange, i have comments enabled, but myspace is really glitchy at times. cheers for the comments. glad you enjoyed them.

Have just uploaded a very "rough" version of my latest written song.
    Its called "A9", Its still at the basic stage just 2 guitars,vocals and drums and bass, no lead melody or solo as yet just had to get it down before I forgot it!!!!
    Its a bigger step up from my first track! (Hopefully)

Check it out and let me know.
    http://www.myspace.com/jinxd007rocks

17. Default

http://www.myspace.com/lylewatt

http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=kirkhetfieldtrujillo

I use an M-Audio Black Box for guitars and bass (although I just got Guitar Rig 3). I use EZDrummer for the drums and fruity loops for anything else. I record it all with Cubase SX3.

The track "Ages" is called that because it took me ages to get round to doing, and Swirly Strat Jam is from the Guitar Idol finals in London.

Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 18-Oct-08 at 12:38.

Ok then I will start it off.
    Was bored this afternoon so created a myspace and made a quick song!.
    Its here:http://www.myspace.com/jinxd007rocks
    Is that you singing Hotrod???

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Is that you singing Hotrod???
    Fraid so, its weird hearing your own voice playing back at you!!

Have uploaded a cover of Oasis "I'm outta time".
    Absolutely love the song so had a crack at it.
    theres only 5 tracks in total in the mix but its sounds like theres more.
    There is only guitars in the mix theres no string section as thats played by using "sparkle pad" on guitar rig 3. I just love the sound that gives.The mastering tool I use gives everything a big lift.
    Remember I aint liam!!

http://www.myspace.com/jinxd007rocks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast