Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: I'll show you mine, now you show me yours!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Am left-handed, but this is a reverse pic'.

Tokai Talbo.

Default Tokai

Pepsi nice to see you are using a Tokai Talbo, it has become a very collectable guitar and has risen in value over the last few years mainly due to it's aluminium body. If it's an 80's model it can be worth up to £800 to £1000 depending on condition.
    I have an early 80's Tokai Goldstar (Strat) in pretty much mint condition, it's Fiesta red with a rose wood neck with the Fender style Tokai logo on the headstock, this was made prior to the court case which Fender won forcing Tokai to change their logo. I'm keeping it for my retirement fund but to be honest I will never sell it. I have a few stats but the Tokai sound cannot be matched.

You're right, Douglas: nothing quite like the sound of a Tokai.
    My first-ever guitar was a Tokai "Breezysound" telecaster, but, being a nipper I didn't fully appreciate its finer qualities, reckoning that its high-end sound was too "tinny" (as I thought aged 14) and annoyed to learn that one of my pals also had a Tokai telecaster - but with a tremolo on it. Neglect and the passage of time saw it lose much of its original appearance, and in the end I got shot of it for £300. Not bad, but not great, either, for a guitar I paid £120 for in 1990.

I doubt you'll appreciate the finer points of New York's multi-layered noise band, Band Of Susans, Douglas, but they're Tokai freaks, as well as fans of G&L guitars.

Check out Mood Swing and Pardon My French here: www.myspace.com/bandofsusans to get a taste of it.