Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Fodderty Church Graveyard

Default Fodderty Church Graveyard

Hi

Can anyone help me? I am trying to find details of a family buried in the Churchyard Fodderty. The family name is Dickson. Does anyone have any ideas where I can start to look.

Thanks

Lynn
    Located in Australia

Hi Lynn
    The only Fodderty I have heard of is in Rosshire?
    Fiona

There is indeed only one Fodderty Cemetery, and it's between Dingwall and Strathpeffer. I pass it regularly, and can photograph the grave for you if you know which grave number it is, or where approximately I could find it.
    I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, was in no way fair comment and was motivated purely by malice. I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

Default Fodderty Church Graveyard

Hi
    Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry to say I do not have any grave numbers only names James Dickson and Janet Dickson.

Thanks Lynn
    Located in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by lynn prow
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry to say I do not have any grave numbers only names James Dickson and Janet Dickson.

Thanks Lynn
    Do you have dates at all, even approximate ones? I could narrow the search that way.
    I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, was in no way fair comment and was motivated purely by malice. I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

Smile

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

James Dickson died 1851 Janet Dickson (maiden name Jeffrey) died 15 February 1859. James Dickson was a Surgeon and came to Australia working as a Surgeon on the convict ships.
    Big thanks for trying to help me.

Lynn
    Located in Australia

Smile Foddary Church Graveyard

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

James Dickson died 1851 Janet Dickson (maiden name Jeffrey) died 15 February 1859. James Dickson was a Surgeon and came to Australia working as a Surgeon on the convict ships.

Lynn
    Located in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by lynn prow
    Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Lynn
    Next time I'm passing, I'll have a look around. I at least now know roughly which parts to search! I'll photograph anything I find.

(will be a few weeks before I'm there, though)

Smile

Hi

Thanks for the offer.

If you need any help with any Australian research please ask and I will try and help.

thanks
    Lynn
    Located in Australia