Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: more wind turbines

MadPict

http://www.wind-watch.org/news/2008/...-wind-turbine/

This source says the following

Spending the day with residents living near the Whittlesey wind turbine, enabled me to understand the terrible impact that this development has had on their lives.

Not so long ago, these people enjoyed a good quality of life within their safe living and working environment. Suddenly almost overnight, these friendly folk were subjected to sleep deprivation, noise, strobe light, sweeping shadows, and ice projectiles that crashed into properties and gardens.

As heavy shards of ice lay amongst children’s toys, I felt anger well up within me about this unnecessary, dangerous, and stupid development that has impacted so much on peoples’ lives. The child’s play area is also dominated by a large noise monitoring machine, child’s chatter has been replaced by the “thump” of 120ft blades that seem to be within the garden area.

Who is responsible for this disruption? Certainly not the developer, he will put turbines anywhere he is allowed to. So who would approve of such a development so near to peoples homes, work places, pedestrians, and busy roads?

Condemnation of this development comes from all quarters, as the question is repeatedly asked: “Who in their right mind approved this absolutely inappropriate development?”

The local Town Council applied lack of wisdom and displayed total naivety when it approved this blight on peoples lives, final approval was given by Fenland District Council.

Wind turbine development in Fenland now threatens lives, as the authorities maintain their “dash for wind” in order to satisfy political gratification. In my view, members of the council that approved this horrendous impact on residents, should be named and shamed. Local residents have told me that they felt hurt and let down by the ambitions of others, and now demand an enquiry to determine what went so badly wrong with this application and resulting approval.
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

This is so very apt for Scotland - and in particular the Highlands.

This is how wind power REALLY works.......

.....apart from the money, of course.
    Last edited by Green_not_greed; 10-Dec-08 at 19:02.
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920