Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: garden?

Default garden?

i have no grass, just some pots and larger planter etc, i have plants in them in the summer time, but in the winter it looks sad with the flowers gone, does anyone know of all year plants that doesnt need much attention in the winter time?

heres a list of the plants that flower all year round.Hope this helps
    Spring
    Snow Glory

Dog’s tooth violet

Corydalis solida(purple flowers)

Winter

Galanthus nivalis ( snowdrops)

hardy cyclamen

aconite(very hardy)

February Gold’ species of daffodil

Autumn Snowflake

these are but a few. If you google garden bulbs(yearly) you should eb able to come up with many many more.

Default thanks

thanks for that, it will be a great help!!

Quote Originally Posted by igglepiggle View Post
    i have no grass, just some pots and larger planter etc, i have plants in them in the summer time, but in the winter it looks sad with the flowers gone, does anyone know of all year plants that doesnt need much attention in the winter time?

Hebe, Hebe, Hebe, Hebe and oh yep - Hebe!
    Can't rate that plant high enough. There are so many varieties and all the ones I have are evergreen, completely hardy and flourish whether they're kept in a garden or in a pot. Oh yes, and they're the easiest thing to propagate that I've ever come across - you could have a garden full of them.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Hi Igglepiggle

If you are looking for flowers in winter you could try Hellebores (Sometimes called 'Christmas rose'). They tolerate shade, are evergreen so you always have leaves and they will flower from January onwards. I know they will survive in a pot as I had one in my garden that self seeded into a pot of fern close by and they all survived.
    It is possible to get varying colours and I bought some earlier this year from www.spaldingbulb.co.uk - I potted them on when I got them and will be planting them out soon. So far they look very healthy.
    Good luck with your winter display.
    Helenting them out soon