Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new week, a new Penny thread

Munron,there are so many people wishing you well,; please remember your Wedding Day is just that; a very special day for yourself and soon to be husband . Relax , enjoy and don't worry about anything other than having a wonderful day !!!! PS We EXPECT Wedding photos and an account of the day !!!

Bumping up ready for all the wedding neews.....and Penny of course.

Default Thanks

Well the wedding went fine although I have spent the last week with the longest hangover in the world - although I could be just tired.

Penny is fine as well, although still looking for that elusive home. I will need to start calling those rescues at the start of the week. My other two dogs are kicking off about something at the moment and are finding it hard to be civil to one another one minute and then squashed up together the next. It is probably all to do with the stressful house they have lived in over the past few months. Hopefully Penny will get the stress free home she deserves.

Can you please tell me how old Penny is? Loking for a puppy/dog for my in laws as they have just lost their 14 1/2 year old spaniel. Looking at all the options here.

Hi Bradcon

I am sorry we dont know how old Penny is but we think possibly middle age ie 6 ish.

She is timid but loves company, very affectionate and would love to be centre of attention in someones life without other dogs (atlhough she gets on ok with our two).

I also think that once in a secure family situation she would really gain in confidence.

If your in laws want to come and meet her they are more than welcome, without any obligation. The right home for owners and Penny are upmost.

Sounds as if your wedding went with a swing.....hope it was lovely and perfect and your marriage is blessed with so much happiness that it overflows...........We shall wait in expectation to hear all about it.
    Penny is still in our hearts and here's hoping that special home with lovely people is just around the corner.......

Default Birthday

Well today is my birthday and I think I have just had the best present ever.

Penny has gone home, and what a home indeed. Five star does not begin to describe and I am so happy for her and her new family. The lady has certainly landed on her paws big style.

I would just like to say a huge thank you to all of you who showed an interest in Penny's story and for all the good wishes for her future. I have to say that people who do rescue every day have my utmost respect as I only had one dog to re-home and the journey has been like a rollercoaster. In saying that it is a rollercoaster I dont mind now, because I know she has the best home a girl could ever want and she will want for nothing.

I have to add that it is early days but I just have ants in my pants and have to tell you all.

Thumbs up Fantastic news!

Oh that is brilliant!!!! We have all come to love Penny and it is so good to hear that she has now got her (hopefully) forever home.

Even though she is in a new home I know you will always have a very special place in her heart after everything you have done for her.

Happy Birthday to you!!! I am singing this to you. Can you hear?!!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

OH No - Liz has started singing again! That usually clears a room in 2 seconds!

Happy Birthday Munron (I am not singing to you!), and great news about Penny. Delighted for you all.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by KCI View Post
    OH No - Liz has started singing again! That usually clears a room in 2 seconds!

Happy Birthday Munron (I am not singing to you!), and great news about Penny. Delighted for you all.
    You're just jealous because I can sing!

Brilliant birthday present Munron Hope we hear hows she is doing, as someone said we have come to love her and she has been in many peoples' thoughts these last few months.

Have a wee sherry and enjoy your birthday with the warm glow that you did so much for a wee dog in need xxx

BTW Liz - please stop singing, you've got Cara under the kitchen table howling along here
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Must have been something in the water yesterday as thats two caithness.org.doggys that found new homes.
    Fingers crossed it works but i'm sure with all the hard work you put in munron penny will adjust perfectly.

happy birthday,by the way.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Quote Originally Posted by carasmam View Post
    BTW Liz - please stop singing, you've got Cara under the kitchen table howling along here

See, I told you Liz!
    It really is that bad!

Quote Originally Posted by KCI View Post
    See, I told you Liz!
    It really is that bad!
    Cara was singing along with me so obviously enjoying it!

Okay Cara one more time...........

Happy, happy birthday Munron....whew, what a special day!! Happy birthday to Little Penny also because today is the day she begins her new life....just like her being born again....No I haven't gone all religious!
    Hopefully, now and again we will all see a little update...like everyone has already said...she found her way into our hearts..Bless you wee Penny in your new life....

I think we are all singing tonight. Big choruses of Happy Birthday and Happy Forever Home are resounding around Caithness. I am sure Penny will be joining in too
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Munron, fantastic news ! So pleased for both you and Penny ! Happy Birthday, glad it has turned out to be such a special day ! Think you certainly deserve a pat on the back too ! Thanks to your perseverance and the loving foster home you gave Penny; she stands a good chance of living the rest of her life in the way she deserves, so well done you - bet you will miss the little lady ! Hope we do get the occasional update from Penny's new family

A belated happy birthday to you, Munron. I sure hope things work out for Penny in her new home -- kudos to you for all you did for her.

Default hey

I met Penny with her new owner today - she is soooo lovely.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12