Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tastes in Music = WAR

gee what a nice bloke, its true, you are undoubtibly the best musician out of all of us on this forum, face it, we are all still here in crummy caithness eh, bunch of losers, me included!

In the end it doesnt matter how talented you are, its about what you want from your hobby and what you do with it and how you represent yourself with it.

anyway. . .

i listen to a lot of stuff, as long as it doesnt include nursary ryhmes, screaming, proper indie smoker stuff or rap,

Rap is pap

I'm selling all my guitars now... this guy is too good. I can't live in his shadow much longer.

I think we should all face facts... we suck

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    I'm selling all my guitars now... this guy is too good. I can't live in his shadow much longer.

agreed...........................

wanna buy my ukelele Jeid??

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post

Oh well Think i better sell my Les Paul as well now, only just took it out for the first time in 2 years!!! I'll have to invest what money I get for it in an "attitood", wonder where I can get one of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    wanna buy my ukelele Jeid??
    Don't sell it just yet chobbs! You'll grow into it one day!

Quote Originally Posted by Blast! View Post
    The only thing Bright Eyes have in common with the rest of those bands is that they're both musicians.

You're being completely ridiculous.

Youre face is ridiculous!!

Well nah those are just some of the things I listen to, obviously Bright Eyes doesnt sound anything like the Arctic Monkeys but in the same genre, sort of, in my opinion. Unless you think Bright Eyes are closer to 30 Seconds to Mars than Travis??

Heard the new Connor Oberst album?

Well I like some old rap lek Public Enemy but the newer stuff lek Snoopy the Dog or 50 Percent is not really my cup of tea.
    In mitigation Mr Bruce de Wert said his client had been drinking and could remember little of the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Youre face is ridiculous!!

Well nah those are just some of the things I listen to, obviously Bright Eyes doesnt sound anything like the Arctic Monkeys but in the same genre, sort of, in my opinion. Unless you think Bright Eyes are closer to 30 Seconds to Mars than Travis??

Heard the new Connor Oberst album?
    30 Seconds to Mars? Aren't they the lot who set a music video in ancient China? Tripe.

Aye, given it a few rotations. I really like it. Though that's not very surprising given that I've really enjoyed everything he's put out. Lifted... is his materpiece in my opinion.

Must give it a listen! He's one of the few artists out there I find who I listen to lyrics over melody! The nwe Bob Dylan tag suits him.

Yeah 30 seconds to Mars are mingtastic. But on the plus side they are apparently being sued!! Huzzah!

Im just trying to think though, what do I have more disdain for, 30 Seconds to Mars emo/american pop rock rubbish, or heavy metal eg Metallica. At least metallica know they are heavy rock (and I hope they know they are crap too), i dont know what genre emo even is these days, if it even is one.

Rap is Pap

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post

At least metallica know they are heavy rock (and I hope they know they are crap too).
    I'd like to be as crap as Metallica, pulling in 85,000 people to watch me close one of the best festivals is my idea of being crap.

Great band. (IMO)

Metallica are no that bad, at least I can make out what they are saying, I hate heavy heavy stuff thats just a noise with some guy going aaaargh! all the way through it. I love Rock in all its many forms but that fast incoherent noise I just dont get.

Used to dig Saxon back in the day, Still dig GUN, hoping for a new album from them,but the new singer is a bit too soft for them

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    Metallica are no that bad, at least I can make out what they are saying, I hate heavy heavy stuff thats just a noise with some guy going aaaargh! all the way through it. I love Rock in all its many forms but that fast incoherent noise I just dont get.

Used to dig Saxon back in the day, Still dig GUN, hoping for a new album from them,but the new singer is a bit too soft for them
    I agree - Saw a documentary last night about Metallica on BBC 2 - They are extremly tight even in a small rehersal room with no-one listening in.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234