Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tastes in Music = WAR

Default Tastes in Music = WAR

Whats the best music genre chaps? Im going to start a war here and say...Indie!!

fusion...but not that fusion

Hangman's Joke Guest

Fusion? what do u mean by that? specify Mr.Thor Hoose!
    Jazz/funk fusion i bet u raj!

I'm more of an Indie man myself, going back to the good old days of OCean colour Scene, James, Cast and Oasis.

Can't beat Artic Monkeys!

Wink

Trance music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman's Joke View Post
    Fusion? what do u mean by that? specify Mr.Thor Hoose!
    Jazz/funk fusion i bet u raj!

I'm more of an Indie man myself, going back to the good old days of OCean colour Scene, James, Cast and Oasis.

Can't beat Artic Monkeys!
    ROFLMAO

Jazz/funk is bearable - but I`m talking more Chick Corea/ Dixie Dregs/Mahavishnu et al....

Indie...well can you even call that music?

no you can`t

Hangman's Joke Guest

yeah it's more of a sport?!?! what u on about?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebus_Apollo View Post
    ROFLMAO

Jazz/funk is bearable - but I`m talking more Chick Corea/ Dixie Dregs/Mahavishnu et al....

Indie...well can you even call that music?

no you can`t
    in english??? or normal person terms?

Quote Originally Posted by Yon View Post
    in english??? or normal person terms?
    Is it my syntax or semantics that bothers you?

both!!!!!!!!!

Hangman's Joke Guest

...Say what?!?!?!?!

Not a fan of pushing music into genre's but if i had to choose it would be Grunge.

Well I would call Indiemusic music! I've never heard of Dixie Chicks/Mahavanacigars! Or whatever it was you were on about there. Indie music, im not gonna go all "Oh yeah its like INDEPENDANT music man, I mean Razorlight totally aint indie cos they are part of a like, music company, and are like, making MONEY which the root of all evil" I would just put certain bands as indie music eg. Razorlight, Kings of Leon, Coldpay, Bright Eyes, Oasis, The La's, Travis, Arctic Monkeys, The Maccabees etc etc some stuff you've heard of, others you may not have!

Now im afraid Phoebe they have all written popular pieces of music!

So that means you are wrong! You lose! You are a loser! << look at how this man laughs at you, Mr Lose!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Well I would call Indiemusic music! I've never heard of Dixie Chicks/Mahavanacigars! Or whatever it was you were on about there. Indie music, im not gonna go all "Oh yeah its like INDEPENDANT music man, I mean Razorlight totally aint indie cos they are part of a like, music company, and are like, making MONEY which the root of all evil" I would just put certain bands as indie music eg. Razorlight, Kings of Leon, Coldpay, Bright Eyes, Oasis, The La's, Travis, Arctic Monkeys, The Maccabees etc etc some stuff you've heard of, others you may not have!

Now im afraid Phoebe they have all written popular pieces of music!

So that means you are wrong! You lose! You are a loser! << look at how this man laughs at you, Mr Lose!!!!
    (gasps) Coldplay - indie - never - MOR AOR yes

Indie as a genre just holds no water for me, the bands you`ve mentioned have written some decent songs - but are far from my taste in music.

Btw Phoebe is my Saturday name.

Can I call you Lisa Kudrow??

MOR?? AOR? how dare you!! Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Lit, Manic Street Preachers...now they are MOR! Coldplay are very pop these days, but there songs arent...they are just very good! Whole albums are excellent...though to be honest I think they peaked with their 2nd album...come on, The Scientist, brilliant tune. And an odd choice of single I thought, but a popular one nonetheless!

Bryan Adams, thats another one, god i hate him with a passion!! Thats middle of the road. out the face. But this isnt about Coldplay, its about my favourite genre. And its no just Coldplay...Devendra Banhart, Little Barrie (you might actually like them, a wee bit jazzy) Sufjan Stevens....SIGUR ROS!!!!!!! MAGIC!!

Can I call you Lisa Kudrow??

MOR?? AOR? how dare you!! Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Lit, Manic Street Preachers...now they are MOR! Coldplay are very pop these days, but there songs arent...they are just very good! Whole albums are excellent...though to be honest I think they peaked with their 2nd album...come on, The Scientist, brilliant tune. And an odd choice of single I thought, but a popular one nonetheless!

Bryan Adams, thats another one, god i hate him with a passion!! Thats middle of the road. out the face. But this isnt about Coldplay, its about my favourite genre. And its no just Coldplay...Devendra Banhart, Little Barrie (you might actually like them, a wee bit jazzy) Sufjan Stevens....SIGUR ROS!!!!!!! MAGIC!!
    Well you know Ken (!) - The Boss was MOR - but he has delved into various sub-genres. Sigur Ros I haven`t heard much of them but have heard alot of people going on about them.

Anyway musical genres only serve to limit us...

Valued input until you realise he bums Tiesto!!!!!!!

tiesto is amazing!!!!!!!!!

Tiesto is a Tiestocle!!!

thank you thank you

hahahahahaha..........NAT!!!!
    still his music is immense!! unbeatable!!!

Valued input until you realise he bums Tiesto!!!!!!!
    Thats too much information...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast