Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: reputation

scrapydoo Guest

Can you choose if you are visable

Yes - got to UserCP ( leftside of the nav bar just below forum title) then click on Edit Options - it is top of the list.

You'll only be invisible to other members - not Admins - they see all

scrapydoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MadPict
    Yes - got to UserCP ( leftside of the nav bar just below forum title) then click on Edit Options - it is top of the list.

Thanks i was just curious

Being invisible..sounds fun like being a spy ..I really don't see the point in being invisible..whats the benefits?

Some people may wish to lurk without being spotted? A bit like hiding in the bushes watching the bigger kids playing?

I suspect that the invisible facility is something only available to 'certain' members. All part of the class system that operates in these parts perchance.

i'm invisible for one reason only, stops my daughter seeing me online and constantly PM'ing me! after all I am at work!

Some people may wish to lurk without being spotted? A bit like hiding in the bushes watching the bigger kids playing?
    Can everyone hide in the bush MadPict?
    I think i will give hiding a miss i'll stand in front of the bush and be seen

Be fun to see what this forum looks like - I have a picture of suspended members hovering above on wires, invisibles lurking (maybe you can hear them or see their footsteps in the grass), others hiding behind bushes, guests standing around politely but silently while members chat, trusted members in a little huddle together trying to look wise, juniors on the climbing frame and Niall on a high throne gazing down benevolently (or not as the case may be) ready to pounce on any misbehaviour.

What do you see?
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I see a playing field..Niall standing tall and proud on a hill..all the junior members and guests are happily skipping around it waiting to venture into the unknown...The members are swinging back and forth on swings full of chat...
    The senior members are pushing the round-about around very fast..making all the suspended members they have sitting on it plead for mercy....Trusted members are in the bushes their eyes sparkling through the gaps...

If only....

The image is more like me sitting at and old fashioned telephone switchboard in a dank looking basemant, furiously trying to cease the flashing lights and ringing bells by pluggin the correct wire into the correct hole whilst reading a thick manual entitled "how everything is supposed to work" , trying to find things to plug the holes in the pipes that keep appearing and spraying cold water everywhere and trying to eat a pot noodle. It gets a bit more complicated if the phone rings or I get an e-mail but I'm sure you get the picture.

Is something going to be done about those who post with unsigned reputation comments.

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    Is something going to be done about those who post with unsigned reputation comments.
    As far as I understand it, the guidelines don't outlaw anonymous rep comments. The recommendation is that a comment should
    be left so the recipient can decide whether the rep is good or bad.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Got advice from another poster that if you receive unsigned, anonymous, bad rep, Niall will remove it at your PM request.

I am quite happy with any signed repppp.

Colin's draft guidance is here. Note that it doesn't say anything about whether reputation comments should be signed or not. All it says on that front is that "All ratings must have a comment".

Colin (and or Niall), perhaps this information should be added to the Forum Rules soon.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456