Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Model railway club - any interest?

Default Model railway club - any interest?

Just a wee straw poll.

How many people out there would be interested in forming a model railway club in Caithness?

If there's sufficient numbers I'll arrange a meeting to see if it goes anywhere and we can publicise more widely. Let me know where you are so we can meet in the most convenient place.

If not, we'll return back to our sheds and attics to pursue our hobbies in quiet isolation!

yep deffo interested
    Andy in Wick
    If its profound what was the name of the golfer and what did he find?

Thumbs up

YEP me too

Quote Originally Posted by dunny View Post
    Just a wee straw poll.

How many people out there would be interested in forming a model railway club in Caithness?

If there's sufficient numbers I'll arrange a meeting to see if it goes anywhere and we can publicise more widely. Let me know where you are so we can meet in the most convenient place.

If not, we'll return back to our sheds and attics to pursue our hobbies in quiet isolation!
    Oh please dont do that.If you go back to your sheds and attics we woont be able to get pics of the models.
    I dont have time to become a member but i do have a likeing for model railways. My father got me into them when i was a child and it never left me, so please if you do get a club going make sure you put up some pics, or if you already have a home set up for one show us..

Talking

DUNNY,,did u not read my thread i asked the same or simular question in june....hope u get some responce..let me know i live in lybster...ty...

Quote Originally Posted by dessie View Post
    DUNNY,,did u not read my thread i asked the same or simular question in june....hope u get some responce..let me know i live in lybster...ty...
    Aye I saw it (and responded to it). Thought I'd try the more direct question!

Well it's only been on for a few days and there's at least 4 of us - and that's only those of us who go on caithness.org. Possibility this could go somewhere yet!

If there's enough people interested I'll see if I can get something in the Railway Modeller too. Might warrant an article (furthest north MRC in the UK???)

Default railways

thanks..DUNNY.. and if you get anything more then message me and we can meet..

Default yes

yes me too

looks like we could get a quorum together one night and get a club started then any idea's about a meet up place?

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by the_count View Post
    looks like we could get a quorum together one night and get a club started then any idea's about a meet up place?

Andy
    Not quite sure where everyone is - I'm on the Thurso side of the county - is everyone else on the Wick side? If so can someone recommend a suitable pub/hotel over that way for a first meeting?

If there's more on the Thurso side I'd suggest the Pentland Hotel.

best place would be mackay's hotel or witherspoons on a quiet nite during the week in wick

Default N Gauge train set

hi i have extensive collection of N gauge railway track, rolling stock, locs, and buildings for sale if ayone is interested drop a pm and i will get back as as possible

Thumbs down

Pentland hotel charges £30 for meetings held on premises there so watch where you go!

Thumbs up meeting

DUNNY i live the other side of lybster..but i used to throw darts for the smiddy in lybster..and if i ask i,m sure we could use there lounge some evening for a meeting..please let me know if you or any others are interested...Dessie.

Default meeting

Sorry guys - hardly been online for a few days.

I guess it doesn't matter where so long as it's free - don't really want to pay 30 quid!

Dessie I'm sure the Smiddy in Lybster would be fine. It's not exactly central, but for a first meeting I don't suppose it matters! We can find somewhere better after that.

I'm about to move house so will struggle any time after next week. So hows about next Thursday (11th Sept) 8pm in the Smiddy, Lybster if Dessie confirms its ok.

If everyones ok with that I reckon we start a new thread to advertise it and see who else is out there.

Thumbs up meeting

DUNNY i will let you know tomorrow evening saterday..just have to see and make sure it will be ok...Dessie..

Thumbs up Meeting

DUNNY....
    was in contact with the smiddy and it will be ok for thursday evening 11th sept..so all enthusiasts welcome....

Dessie - I assume your previous post about the Smiddy in Lybster actually meant the Smiddy in Thrumster? Or is there a Smiddy in Lybster I don't know about? (I'm not familiar with that side of the county...!)

Can everyone else who has responded make Thurs at 7.30/8 ish?

Will confirm or rearrange once we have enough numbers.
    Last edited by dunny; 07-Sep-08 at 00:58.

Thumbs up Meeting in smiddy

DUNNY..so sorry and yes its in thrumster....will you keep asking and see if we can get a responce..no matter i will meet you there...about 7.45...thursday

Thumbs up meeting

thanks DESSIE

I'm gonna start a new thread!