Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flood Of Red Come to Thurso

Default Flood Of Red Come to Thurso

http://www.myspace.com/floodofred - Flood of red, fresh off tour with HUNDRED REASONS and FROM AUTUMN TO ASHES and a sold out show with FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND.
    Scotland's biggest and best screamo band are set to hit Thurso Skinandis.

With support from Two locals acts.

http://www.myspace.com/crimsontideuk - Crimson Tide, Their style has been described as ‘switching between soft-gentle acoustics, to brutal, just under control distortion, with haunting vocals’.

&

http://www.myspace.com/noexitwound - No Exit Wound - "What a bloody noise "

Hope everyone can make this so we can get more bigger bands up to Thurso.
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Ok, two questions:

1. What is a 'screamo' band?

2. If this is a 'bigger' band, why are they playing pubs and hotels in places like Arbroath (and Thurso for that matter)?
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Yeh, I must be OLD (I AM old)!! - what's a "screamo band"?
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Sorry for the previous post!! - I realise now the error of my ways . . . .

It must be VERY loud, with a mainly young audience and about as much as far away musically from Miles Davis's "Kind of Blue" as its possible to get from!!!!!

So, I won't be going then.
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Come on Mr Metalattakk... use google

FOR are a band that magazines like Kerrang and Rock Sound like I believe. They also have the same management as Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs and a few up and coming bands.

They've played gigs with Funeral For A Friend and Rival Schools... both decent bands. They'll be heading out on tour with Enter Shikari in October (Shikari got the Best Live Band award from Kerrang in 2007) so aye... they're doing alright.

Screamo... well, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screamo

I'm actually away on holiday at the time, so I won't be attending. Shame... Nevermind, Poland will be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Ok, two questions:

1. What is a 'screamo' band?

2. If this is a 'bigger' band, why are they playing pubs and hotels in places like Arbroath (and Thurso for that matter)?
    In all fairness, what's wrong with playing in little pubs and clubs?
    I love little gigs where there is only 100 to 200 people attending, especially when they go nuts.

The sound is also usually much better campared to stadium/arena gigs where the sound gets lost horribly due to wind etc.

Some of the best gigs i have been to have been in small clubs and pubs, and the bands also love playing them.

Surely it doesn't matter where a band plays!?
    Just because a band is 'bigger',that doesn't mean they can't play smaller or lesser known venues.

Take Biffy Clyro for instance,2 or 3 years ago i saw them play in the Firelounge in Orkney,and i think they played some random places like stornaway etc,they were on the verge of becoming a huge band then!

Also, I saw a certain band called Snow Patrol(they were called something else at the time but can't remember what) play in Skinandi's a few years ago now,didn't hurt their rep by playing a pub/nightclub in Thurso!

Excuse my rant,just back from pub lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by PartChimp View Post
    Surely it doesn't matter where a band plays!?
    Just because a band is 'bigger',that doesn't mean they can't play smaller or lesser known venues.
    Of course, but questions have to be raised when this 'big' band are behaving in a 'small' band manner.

Take Biffy Clyro for instance,2 or 3 years ago i saw them play in the Firelounge in Orkney,and i think they played some random places like stornaway etc,they were on the verge of becoming a huge band then!
    And still, 2 or 3 years later, they are only on the verge of becoming a 'huge' band.

Also, I saw a certain band called Snow Patrol(they were called something else at the time but can't remember what) play in Skinandi's a few years ago now,didn't hurt their rep by playing a pub/nightclub in Thurso!
    So much so, that they had to change their name (amongst other things) before they could make it 'big'.

Excuse my rant,just back from pub lol!!
    Pubs are great aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Come on Mr Metalattakk... use google
    Never!

FOR are a band that magazines like Kerrang and Rock Sound like I believe. They also have the same management as Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs and a few up and coming bands.

They've played gigs with Funeral For A Friend and Rival Schools... both decent bands. They'll be heading out on tour with Enter Shikari in October (Shikari got the Best Live Band award from Kerrang in 2007) so aye... they're doing alright.
    A bit too much mention of Kerrapp! there mate. I'd advise referencing better subject matter than that comic, to be honest.

So, it's a musical style that's all been done before, and better. Cheers Jeid.

I'm actually away on holiday at the time, so I won't be attending. Shame... Nevermind, Poland will be awesome
    I'm sure Poland will concede the same about you... enjoy!

Of course, but questions have to be raised when this 'big' band are behaving in a 'small' band manner.
    What exactly is a "small band manner?"

And still, 2 or 3 years later, they are only on the verge of becoming a 'huge' band.
    Are you in a "huge band" and have played the likes of Wembley supporting Red Hot Chili Peppers and Muse?

So much so, that they had to change their name (amongst other things) before they could make it 'big'.
    Who actually cares about Snow Patrol?

Pubs are great aren't they?
    Pubs can make for great gigs, as can clubs, we won't see you there then mate

Quote Originally Posted by loganbiffy View Post
    What exactly is a "small band manner?"
    If you can't grasp that from my answer then I'm afraid I can't help you. I remember seeing 'Vic and the Rattleheads' playing Nottingham Rock City the night before they played Milton Keynes Bowl as 'Megadeth'. That was the action of a 'big' band.

Are you in a "huge band" and have played the likes of Wembley supporting Red Hot Chili Peppers and Muse?
    No, are you? Being beneath Muse on any bill doesn't make you a 'huge' band.

Who actually cares about Snow Patrol?
    PartChimp, obviously. Oh, and all those students who want to be seen as being 'individual' while they all listen to the same bands.

Pubs can make for great gigs, as can clubs, we won't see you there then mate
    I don't know. I'll have to do some research into them to see if it's something I'd appreciate. Do they embrace the whole theatrical thing or are they just fake poster-boys for the genre?

If you can't grasp that from my answer then I'm afraid I can't help you. I remember seeing 'Vic and the Rattleheads' playing Nottingham Rock City the night before they played Milton Keynes Bowl as 'Megadeth'. That was the action of a 'big' band.
    So playing to small crowds that appreciate the music and actually listen seems daft to you, fair enough.
    "Big Bands" that have forgotten what got them there in the first place and they completely ignore there fans, stadium/arena bands are all the same.

No, are you? Being beneath Muse on any bill doesn't make you a 'huge' band.
    The fact is that Thurso doesn't get the opportunity to host many bands that have a big following very often and we should welcome it, if you don't like it, don't hijack the thread!

I would like to play beneath Muse that's for sure, i may not be that into their music but would you turn down a support slot?

PartChimp, obviously. Oh, and all those students who want to be seen as being 'individual' while they all listen to the same bands.
    PartChimp doesn't care about Snow Patrol, I can assure you of that, he was using it as a reference.

I don't know. I'll have to do some research into them to see if it's something I'd appreciate. Do they embrace the whole theatrical thing or are they just fake poster-boys for the genre?
    As i said above, if you don't like it, don't hijack it before you have even given them a chance, you just came on and dissed it because you haven't heard of them, they aren't big according to you because you haven't heard of them and they are playing Skinandi's!

they aren't big according to you because you haven't heard of them and they are playing Skinandi's!
    Yep, that just about sums it up in a nut-shell. Cheers.

Yep, that just about sums it up in a nut-shell. Cheers.

shut your dish.

please

Dissing " Our " genre because your own one has passed you by Metalattakk?

I usually take on board what alot of musicians post here on the org, That I know who don't talk crap!

But you having come into this post, I think is a total waste of time for your own sake and ours.

A man who's last gig that I recall seeing you at was playing rhythm Guitar for a band that I haven't heard of playing outside Thurso before.

And that fact of the matter was that You my fellow orger came to the gig with a guitar that didn't even bloody work. And you had borrow it from us!

As previously stated before by Cmack " Shut Your Dish! "

zebedy says - " Could this be a case of a small band pretending to be big? "

Quote Originally Posted by cmack View Post
    shut your dish.

please
    Well said Cmack, I don't see why people have to hijack threads when they have nothing to contribute really!

Obviously MetalAttakk doesn't have anything better to do............

Well said Cmack, I don't see why people have to hijack threads when they have nothing to contribute really!

Obviously MetalAttakk doesn't have anything better to do............

zee.......

Quote Originally Posted by cmack View Post
    shut your dish.

please
    How about this: No.

Quote Originally Posted by zebedy View Post
    A man who's last gig that I recall seeing you at was playing rhythm Guitar for a band that I haven't heard of playing outside Thurso before.

And that fact of the matter was that You my fellow orger came to the gig with a guitar that didn't even bloody work. And you had borrow it from us!
    Ah yes, I remember that, and a fine guitar it was. I also remember thanking the owner (and his band) publicly (well on here) for the lend. By the way, the guitar worked, but if I remember correctly I broke a string in the warm-up. Poor planning on my part of course.

Quote Originally Posted by zebedy View Post
    zebedy says - " Could this be a case of a small band pretending to be big? "
    I can't comment nowadays, but back then I would concur. Would certainly be difficult to argue against that theory.

Anyway, back to the point:

Are Flood Of Red a proper 'Screamo' band (as described on that wikipedia page) i.e., do the go in for the theatrics or not?

Goddammit, you'll have me looking them up on MySpace now.

For those of you who don't use myspace.

here is a link to Flood Of Reds video for their most recent single " An Hour Away "

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kOPpXD4AQsc

I think people need to stop taking things so seriously...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast