Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Re Penny URGENT !

Munron - you are doing such a good job with Penny and you should be really proud of yourself. It takes a special person to look after an animal in the way you are looking after Penny.
    Regarding Penny's Operation Fund, I would be more than happy to make a contribution as well. It wouldn't be much due to personal circumstances at the moment, but I will gladly give what I can.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by munron View Post
    You are both to kind for you own good. Tell you what I think, if we find her a home we can assess the situ and as we all know a good home is more than money could ever buy we will take it from there. Could Penny be a .orgers first sponser dog ha ha.
    Well that's three of us contribruting to 'Penny's Operation Fund' so far so we'll be guided by you Munron.

As you rightly say a good forever home is the most important thing so here's hoping she gets this soon.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

I'll throw in some pennies (and pounds even) for Penny.
    Last edited by Margaret M.; 10-Aug-08 at 23:05.

I'm in ! £10 !

binbob Guest

Thumbs up penny

munron...i will happily donate £20.00 for penny fund..just keep us all updated.
    u are a very very special person.
    best wishes.

Jeso guys I dont do good with compliments, especially when there are some days I could quite happily see the back of her. Everyone is being so kind in offering to a penny fund, it is something to note for the future. I need her in a home first and foremost so please please get the word out and about for her.

I am getting married in three weeks and if anyone is able to take her on a temp foster basis for a couple of weeks at the end of Aug that would really help me out. All food etc will be supplied. I thought I should put it up now as if someone could help out they would want to meet her a few times to get to know her.

If anyone is tempted by Penny but is unsure then they can foster her for a while to see how they get on with a full guarantee that I would take her back if need be.

Penny's future is not under threat, she will stay here until the right home is found, but we still need to keep this going in the hope that someone will see it.

Thanks so very much for everything you have all done, I have taken great heart from the support in so many ways in this forum. Now that is what I call community spirit.

xx

Talking

I always knew that Pets Corner was the best part of the Org!It's where the nicest people are!!

I am so glad that the 'hat' is filling up nicely should Penny need her op.

Munron it would be worth contacting the 'Groat' to see whether they will print an appeal.

Such a great idea to get the Groat involved and I am sure even the TV news would would run Pennys' Tale/Tail with their..........'And Finally......'

Somewhere, out there Pennys home and special friend waits for her..........

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Such a great idea to get the Groat involved and I am sure even the TV news would would run Pennys' Tale/Tail with their..........'And Finally......'

Somewhere, out there Pennys home and special friend waits for her..........
    Brill idea - would it be worth contacting North Tonight
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Default Penny

Hi munron, I'd be willing to look after penny for a couple of weeks I've got 2 dogs and at the moment looking after my mams dog (she goes back home on Thursday). I think you are doing a brilliant job
    Families are like fudge,mostly sweet with a few nuts

The idea of getting Penny's situation out there is great, apart from one problem, me.

I am not very good at publicity and as people can see I have been a member of this forum for yonks and it is only because of Penny that I have really posted so much. Here is the selfish part I just really dont want me, my family or our info in the paper. I know it sounds terrible but I would feel sick at the thought to be honest.

Bluebell thanks very much for your offer, I will PM you my phone number later or you can PM yours and we can have a chat if you like.

Completely understand and you are not being selfish!

Perhaps the Groat would take enquiries and forward them onto you or you could use a PO box?

This way no-one would need to know your details.

It was just a thought as the more people who know about Penny the better.

How about contacting Caithness FM as they could broadcast an appeal.

Thanks Liz, I know that I should do all of these things but I just dont seem to have time. This all sounds terrible but I suppose it is the situ I have with Penny, I just never seem to have time to give her - I dont even have a dress for my wedding!!! Although in saying that I do seem to have time to check the org for updates ha ha.

Wink

Of course it doesn't sound terrible and completely understand your situation.You have a wedding dress to buy!!!!

You are doing enough for Penny as it is and I am sure someone will give her a home soon.

I don't mean to be pushy!

Here is a thought......If The Groat agreed to run a piece on Penny, it could be done through a spokesperson, so that Munron was not put into an uncomfortable position. Whoever volunteered would simply need to be given Pennys story, including a couple of pics...The Groat could then deal with the spokesperson and reporter then would do the writeup.
    Same would apply to North Tonight............

Maybe we should just keep it 'low key' for now since Munron has a wedding to organise?

If we all spread the word maybe we could get a forever home for Penny.

I was just saying to Liz as well that the other thing that concerns me about publicity is that there has been the "incident" with Penny. It would be the situation where the support of a rescue would be invaluable. Anyone who took her on would have to know the full facts and what if it all went wrong?

I feel the people on here are intelligent and have so much knowledge when it comes to pets - and this has been a source of constant support for me.

I dont know if I am making any sense but I feel a little out of my depth as it is, coping with loads of calls and filtering out homes that are not suitable is a bit daunting at the moment. I am kind of relying on the excellent people on here to let anyone they know who is interested the full facts on what we know of Penny and what we think it best suited for Penny.

What you are saying makes complete sense and that is why I agree that we should just keep it 'amongst ourselves' for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Maybe we should just keep it 'low key' for now since Munron has a wedding to organise?

If we all spread the word maybe we could get a forever home for Penny.
    Penny is safe and that is the main thing.........The wedding now is Munrons priority and meantime all of us keep searching..............and if and when newspapers etc needed to be involved I am sure it all could be organized .
    Go find that 'special wedding dress'.............................

binbob Guest

Default penny

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    What you are saying makes complete sense and that is why I agree that we should just keep it 'amongst ourselves' for now.

i totally agree with u ,liz...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast