Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Silver .... the Band

Default Silver .... the Band

Many years ago I used to go and hear a band called Silver with a chap called Colin McFeat playing/singing it. I think he used to work at Douneray but not 100% sure of that. Don't suppose they are still going ?

Ah memories of live music and dancing
    Last edited by arana negra; 01-Aug-08 at 18:36. Reason: Spelling mistook !
    Images of Spain can be seen at valspages.com

I think you mean 'Silver Dollar'. I never heard them as I was just a young loon when they were around. But I've heard about them. I don't think they're on the go anymore though.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    I think you mean 'Silver Dollar'. I never heard them as I was just a young loon when they were around. But I've heard about them. I don't think they're on the go anymore though.
    they were Silver as well..................I think Silver was after Silver Dollar & no they be defunct as a unit.

They did start of as Silver Dollar but had to change to Silver as there was another band called Silver Dollar. They split up in 1997.

Thanks again for the replies, nice to be part of a site where folks interact, even with us newbies

Sorry to hear the band are no longer on the go, had a few good nights dancing to them. Don't know where the years have gone sometimes. I heard that Colin is still in the area, I knew his brother down Perth way.

Silver Dollar played at my wedding in 1979, If I remember right there was a Jim Halliday from Halkirk in the band

I found my CD of Silver listed band members.... Colin McFeat, John Polson, Willie Mitchell and Adam Polson with Phil Anderson, Billy Pearce, Alistair Hogg and Gordon Gunn.