Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: racist org

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    sorry but i couldn't care less about this, maybe a few moths ago I'd have got excited about it but these days on here it makes me depresssed.

I know what you mean and I find myself taking breaks from the org from time to time. The org certainly does have it's ups and downs.
    Currently reading:- The tea leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire2803 View Post
    I know what you mean and I find myself taking breaks from the org from time to time. The org certainly does have it's ups and downs.
    you know i go bike forums cause im into bikes and at least there people say what they mean. I've never heard the likes as i have on here some times.

I know what you mean, I belong to more forums than I could shake a stick at (not that I very often shake sticks), most of which allow swearing, innuendo etc. They don't have half the problem with offensive posting that the org has.

Mind you, if you read the rules here, I think all post are supposed to be Caithness related and there are not to be any fantasy threads e.g. who would you like to be etc.

It's a funny old site this one
    Currently reading:- The tea leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire2803 View Post
    I know what you mean, I belong to more forums than I could shake a stick at (not that I very often shake sticks), most of which allow swearing, innuendo etc. They don't have half the problem with offensive posting that the org has.

Mind you, if you read the rules here, I think all post are supposed to be Caithness related and there are not to be any fantasy threads e.g. who would you like to be etc.

It's a funny old site this one
    A lot of the bike forums I contribute to I speak to guys in Manchester, Liverpool, Cardiff and lots of major cities and I've never encountered anything to do with religion or creed like this, if someone on thse is being a p.... they don't care what colour or idol they follow.

So much posting in the general forum has nothing whatsoever to do with Caithness..or even Scotland, these days.

I know I live way down here in Edinburgh, but the reason I joined was that it was Caithness.Org...not SomewhereinthenorthofEngland.Org.

I totally agree I joined the org because I missed caithness the people and the community love to hear whats going on in and around Front Page of the org (checked every day a lurker ) drew me in to Forum eventually
    Its nice to be nice

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and voicing them on a forum is fair game. You dont necessarily have to agree with a poster,they voice their opinion, if you dont agree then you have 2 choices.

1.Ignore the thread or
    2.Post a comment and argue your point.

That is what makes a forum, I have had run ins with people on a thread, its not the person that I am "falling out" or disagreeing with its their opinion, I bet if I met them for a pint we'd get on great. Its Human nature not to agree with everything.

I personally dont like Gardening or Wildlife, so I dont read those posts, nothing against it, just doesnt interest me. Its the same on the general forum, if it doesnt interest me then I dont read it, I find if you take this attitude then Forums are great.After all there is no law that states you HAVE to read a post!

Hotrod's made a good point there.

There are a large amount of forums on the .Org that relate directly to Caithness - geneaology, wildlife, gardening etc....

So to have a 'general' forum that covers a wider spectrum of topics is a Good Thing to me. That way we can discuss the wider world without interfereing with the more dedicated forums on here.

I'm getting sick fed up every time I come on here seeing downers on people. It's getting to the point that I come on here less and less. So many posts against people. Anyone else feel like this?
    At first when I read this I thought you meant the act of one orger putting down another orger for the contents of their posts, but reading on I see when you refer to "people" as cultures, religions, races etc

Surely posters are entitled to express their opinions and as long as they are within the law, backed up with solid reasoning and maybe personal experience. Just because an orger disapproves of the acts, traditions, routines etc within some cultures does not neccessarily mean you are "downing" that culture but purely expressing an opinion.

Are you saying Orgers should not voice their opinions on a girl going to the high court in order to wear a religious symbol while at school, or a devout Christian refusing to officiate at same sex ceremonies, or discuss asylum seekers whether illegal or legal; I could go on.

I for one would hate to see a messageboard full of bland topics, oozing sweetness and pure niceness, unfortunately life is not like that.

So while I appreciate what you are saying; as I said as long as it is legal, not inciting hatred and not racist, or any other form of ist, I welcome and prefer robust debate and banter.
    Take a hundred lines:- "The word is INFRACTION not INFARTION"

Everything depends on how seriously you take yourself.

If you are too precious, you always have the option of switching off.

Sweetpea i dont think the Org's racist just some people have very strong opinions on certain subjects and thats what makes life interesting.

Dont you want anyone whose not from Caithness or has a connection with Caithness to be part of the forum?

Just out of interest does anyone know what proportion of "local" people are originally from Caithness?
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Never thought about you in this way at all. I just can't stand this crap about mulims, seeks, gaelic speakers etc its wearing me down. I never thought Caithness people were so narrow minded.

I really hope you're not judging all Caithnessians on the views of one or two on this forum. Thats a little.... um........

A lot of the bike forums I contribute to I speak to guys in Manchester, Liverpool, Cardiff and lots of major cities and I've never encountered anything to do with religion or creed like this, if someone on thse is being a p.... they don't care what colour or idol they follow.
    If they're the same bike forums I've seen, they get a few briefly resident racists, who get fun poked at them and end up ranting so furiously they get banned. It's not the bigoted views, it's the keen-ness to get them aired in forums where people are more interested in motorbikes that annoys everyone (or me anyway).

Interesting comment, Sweetpea. I must be either blind to these comments or skipping over them sub-conscientiously, cos I haven't noticed them. I does seem a current theme of today's self-centred culture that a lot of people sling comments about without a care about the injury that they may cause. I had always thought that the org was reasonably devoid of such tripe.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop View Post
    Sweetpea i dont think the Org's racist just some people have very strong opinions on certain subjects and thats what makes life interesting.

Dont you want anyone whose not from Caithness or has a connection with Caithness to be part of the forum?

Just out of interest does anyone know what proportion of "local" people are originally from Caithness?
    Probably the Majority are originally from Caithness.

I'm getting sick fed up every time I come on here seeing downers on people. It's getting to the point that I come on here less and less. So many posts against people. Anyone else feel like this?
    Just noticed this thread ,and I agree with with what sweatpea says.I will say that from my own observations that the "downers on people" seem to come from the same few culprits.
    I think it's time that orgers were required to have their actual names appear on their postings rather than their being able to sling mud from behind a pseudonym.I believe if such an idea was enforced it would greatly reduce,if not eliminate,offensive postings on the org.
    What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by whitechina View Post
    I think it's time that orgers were required to have their actual names appear on their postings rather than their being able to sling mud from behind a pseudonym.I believe if such an idea was enforced it would greatly reduce,if not eliminate,offensive postings on the org.
    What do you all think?
    I think thats a really bad idea. The internet allows people the remain anonymous and for many that is one of the main attractions. If you dont aggree with a comment or are offended by it then ignore it.

I have nothing controversial to say but still dont want foulk to know who I am.

As for Caithness being racist. I am pretty sure Caithness has a higher number of people who may be considered racest than many places but manly because of its relative remotness. The majority of folk who have been brought up in the north of Scotland have very little interaction with anyone outside their own demographic, White, working class, Church of Scotland.

I believe, from personal experience that Caithness is (or at least was whan I was there) inherently racist. I dont mean KKK style but more subtle and underlying.

you should all try the Old Firm Fans forum that im a moderator on, it makes this place look like a walk in the park!!
    "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…What a sick, masochistic lion."

Fact is if i want to be racist, then i will be racist.
    It is a web site, thats it...
    Don't get yourself down, just turn your computer onto a site that offends you less.
    Over reaction.
    btw, i am not racist, just a figure o speach.
    WoRdS ShOuLd Be SiMpLe An VoIcEs SoFt !!!

Quote Originally Posted by whitechina View Post
    Just noticed this thread ,and I agree with with what sweatpea says.I will say that from my own observations that the "downers on people" seem to come from the same few culprits.
    What do you all think?
    Well put, I post under my own name, no problem there at all. Can I say that moderation of this site leaves a lot to be desired. The posting last week on the two drowned gypsy children in Italy contained remarks which were very, very offensive at least to me and several other posters, the thread should have been stopped in its tracks. Remarks on job less people also were very wide of the mark.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast