Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Your track and album of the year

Talking Your track and album of the year

Another year is nearly over, and another soon to start,
    So what have you been listening to, what music's touched your heart?

Track of the year?

Album of the year?

You get what you give

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Default Tracks & albums

I been listening to Toto IV , Steely Dan gaucho, & most recently Peter Tosh's Bush Dr.

Oh yeah & Crimson Tide's new EP

& one of my fave tracks of the year is from Nick Harper's Blood Songs "Love Is Music" acoustic drum & bass WIKID

L8r

Default Nick Harper

Yeah... Same for me.. Nick Harper... I take it you must of been at the LightHouse when he was up.. Johnny informs me that he will be back! Nick Harper was amazing to watch live. Wat a vioce the man has... and for his playing! AMAZING... I'm a drummer.. And Travis Barker is my idol... But Nick Was so inspiring to watch! Made me pik up guitar! DEFO
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Gotta be the excellent Reuben for me. track probably "return of the jedi" check it.

Uppiebalad Guest

Reuben's "Return Of The Jedi"? How many nano-seconds did they work on that title? Is that the one that uses music from the Star Wars film soundtracks which were composed and conducted by John Williams? If it is then I have heard and it's not too bad but ZERO points if it's the one I'm thinking of because A; It is mixed with another far more talented composers work and B; the title is flagrantly ripped off from some little known movie of the early 1980s!

Overall I find it a little bit of a problem centering on one song or album for the year as I hear so much music through my work. To put a tail on the donkey is next to impossible but I think I could pin it on the above in terms of what isn't going to be a notable point in the year, decades' or history of music. It's good but doesn't have what it takes and what it takes cannot be determined until it suddenly happens. You cannot manufacture a classic!

Default Album and tracks

Singles
    The Mystery Jets - You can't fool me Dennis
    The Cribs - You're gonna lose us

Albums
    Bright Eyes - I'm wide awake its morning (if it was this year)
    Magic Numbers - Magic Numbers
    Last edited by theboysintheband; 14-Dec-05 at 00:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppiebalad
    Reuben's "Return Of The Jedi"? How many nano-seconds did they work on that title? Is that the one that uses music from the Star Wars film soundtracks which were composed and conducted by John Williams? If it is then I have heard and it's not too bad but ZERO points if it's the one I'm thinking of because A; It is mixed with another far more talented composers work and B; the title is flagrantly ripped off from some little known movie of the early 1980s!

Overall I find it a little bit of a problem centering on one song or album for the year as I hear so much music through my work. To put a tail on the donkey is next to impossible but I think I could pin it on the above in terms of what isn't going to be a notable point in the year, decades' or history of music. It's good but doesn't have what it takes and what it takes cannot be determined until it suddenly happens. You cannot manufacture a classic!
    God no! its actually a song about record companies and how they suck. you obviously have never heard Reuben, and plus wots a title got to do with it? how many bands out there have the same song titles? too many!

"return of the jedi" is a quirky title, if you seen it on the back of an album its gonna stick in your head. so i ask again, check it.

im more into pop punk and stuff so single would be... hero-foo fighters, and album new found glory-catalyst...but thats a bity lame but hey ho, i dont care

its My Hero FOOL!

Uppiebalad Guest

I see, but using such a well known title is clearly the method to get people to listen to it. hmm!

Song - System of a Down - BYOB
    Album - Bullet For My Valentine - The Poison

I see, but using such a well known title is clearly the method to get people to listen to it. hmm!
    well you could say that but i dont think so. they arent exactly well known.
    they also have a song called "Freddy Kreuger" on a different album.
    i see it as more of a homage to the things they like.

Trying to tie down one song or album is gonna be difficult.

I don't think I can actually do it!

I'll have a think on it.

And Uppie, christ sake, its a song name. Give it a rest will you?

Uppiebalad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by loganbiffy
    well you could say that but i dont think so. they arent exactly well known.
    they also have a song called "Freddy Kreuger" on a different album.
    i see it as more of a homage to the things they like.
    So one can see clearly where their influences lie!

and Jeid, it's only an opinion- stay calm!

ok, im extremely sorry. MY HERO but when i downloaded it, it just said hero, but moi mistaken

So one can see clearly where their influences lie!

and Jeid, it's only an opinion- stay calm!
    I am calm, but you seem to be picking on everyone's comments. Even song names... who cares? Its a song title. Bands have been paying homage to things they like in life since the begining of music.

You can just feel the love in this thread!

Uppiebalad Guest

I am calm also and love big time. You may feel a little over sensative when I make my comments but actually I asked about the Return Of The Jedi thing because I had recently heard a peice that was a mix of original score and new dancey stuff which sounded intereting. Many of you seem rather prickly in here. perhaps the padding is coming off the walls. Relax people, stop being so up tight. So a bloke expresses a liking for a thing and some other bloke doesn't share it. That's reality more than anything. If I want to express something of a title, so be it whether anyone cares or not. As they say in television- don't like, change channel!

Keve! Guest

Best album? Eels' "Blinking Lights And Other Revelations"

Best single this year has to be: Franz Ferdinand's "Do You Want To"

Hit damn man, that was tough, just trying to figure out what was actually released in 2005 was hard enough, been so much music for the past half decade that i've just got into this year. If it we're what album i've heard in the last regarless of ages?

Without a doubt, Modest Mouses "Good News For People Who Love Bad News"

Fin.

hmm album pobably steve vai's real illusions:reflections album my god the guitar work in that is genious

and i guess track of the year is probably lotus feet perfomed with with the metreple orkest its and amazing piece with an outstanding climax.

i dont think ive actually bought any other albums released this year kinda sad i guess ah well