Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memories o grannies cooking

Default mince soup

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    My Granny made the best mince soup. Her pancakes and home made rhubarb jam were to die for. At New Year she made her own sweet wine. I loved her boiled cod with melted butter and Long Blue tatties served up with pork sausages. Dont ask me why. Carnation Milk whipped up with Jelly. Sugar sandwiches. Clootie dumpling and fruit duff. Oh the memories.

Loved going there for the Creamola Foam too.
    Recipe for mince soup pleeease! Never heard of this before but sounds great...

Quote Originally Posted by flyfifer View Post
    Recipe for mince soup pleeease! Never heard of this before but sounds great...
    I'll PM it to you this evening. My family love it, especially in the winter. Very filling followed by a good jam sponge and custard.

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Wow forgot about Carnation milk jellies - yummy! Wonder if I make one will it still taste as good? Do you have the recipe for the mince soup Venture?
    Yes wifie, happy to oblige. I'll PM it to you. I had something on here last year about the Mince Soup and had loads of requests for it.

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Recipe for the clootie please AN!

He will be here from 9th Oct so will get him to write it down, its the one his mother used to do but its all in his head, probably a handful of this and a good dollop of that pity he cant make one and bring it with him.
    Images of Spain can be seen at valspages.com

Ta muchly AN!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12