Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: a caithness festival?

Default a caithness festival?

like a summer time one with live bands mabey a 2 day one? bring some money and tourism into the county plus give some of the talented residents a chance to show people there talent
    just a idea i had

This cant be for real?!

For a start you might say have a one day show, how about the Dammies in Thurso 9th of August perhaps.

How about we call it the Big Gig?

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_mac View Post
    This cant be for real?!
    And why not ? If Ullapool can have an event ( loopallu ) why not Caithness...question is where to hold the event ? Interesting that the C and W festival is held in Halkirk !!!

I agree with the OP, can hardly call The Big Gig a Caithness Festival!
    Could have it somewhere that is bigger than the dammies and have 2 stages over 2 days, and also have some fun stuff for younger ones.

I realise the amount of work and money this would take but it is not a bad idea.
    It is a lot of work planning and finance wise, but is something that could be looked into.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Yeah, good idea!

We should get a couple of Stevens trailers for the stage too?

I wonder if Chobbers would do the sound?

was a idea me and a few freinds had

talkin about where to hold it lol we live in the n.e of scotland there certainly enough empty fields

i am one person you no i have some freinds that would be more than willing to help but i have no idea where to start askin questions.ive thought about going and asking for planning permission n that but i already no what the answer would be before i stepped into the council offices no offence but they would prob think i was dreaming

im thinking it could be what caithness really needs.........show people we aint all about country dancing ect not that i have a problem with country dancing but cmon its 2008 we aint in the dark ages anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    We could have it on the same weekend as another music festival in the Highlands. Tartan Heart, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by gollach View Post
    We could have it on the same weekend as another music festival in the Highlands. Tartan Heart, perhaps?

nah really we need individuality u no something that wick has produced itself we have county shows ect but they are other places too , we need somthin that is just hosted a preformed in wick.not meanin as in only wick people will b there i mean everyone same as musicians they could come from all over have set times to do there things ect

i mean im a rapper i would certainly consider preforming live also have a few other people who does same no some bands ect would be nice

You wouldn`t be related to the the ubiquitous "Kristafur" would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebus_Apollo View Post
    You wouldn`t be related to the the ubiquitous "Kristafur" would you?

huh??

nah i doubt that im here only to give a idea

reminds me of a lyric i wrote......

"people need to feel me before they start judging............if your a hater then you aint amounting to nothing"
    Last edited by cesare; 22-Jul-08 at 15:49.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    lol...............................

Without whizzing on anyone's chips, I seriously doubt anyone in Caithness has the ability and the insider's knowledge, much less the vision, patience and will to make such a 'weekender' possible. These days, it's easier to attract wind farms to the area than curious punters. Anyone brave enough to take it on, however, deserves respect and all the good luck in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post

Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by cesare View Post
    like a summer time one with live bands mabey a 2 day one? bring some money and tourism into the county plus give some of the talented residents a chance to show people there talent
    just a idea i had
    Essentially a good idea but in practical terms, a waste of time. For several years we had the Edge of the World festivals in Thurso which were fairly well supported as they were free. Much time and energy went into the last one which was well publicised and had Jehro Tull's guitarist, Mick Abraham with Gary Moore's drummer, Graham Walker come up from London and three other well respected name Scottish bands and no-one supported it because it cost £10 entrance,(Skins and one pint). Nuff sed!!!!
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    Essentially a good idea but in practical terms, a waste of time. For several years we had the Edge of the World festivals in Thurso which were fairly well supported as they were free. Much time and energy went into the last one which was well publicised and had Jehro Tull's guitarist, Mick Abraham with Gary Moore's drummer, Graham Walker come up from London and three other well respected name Scottish bands and no-one supported it because it cost £10 entrance,(Skins and one pint). Nuff sed!!!!

no offense but if i wouldnt of went there either
    no idea who any of these people are.............im young ......
    and would be appealing to everyone all ages all types of music not the same in no aspect why would i want to put a show on that has already been done,,,

Quote Originally Posted by cesare View Post
    no offense but if i wouldnt of went there either
    no idea who any of these people are.............im young ......
    and would be appealing to everyone all ages all types of music not the same in no aspect why would i want to put a show on that has already been done,,,
    Erm you dont have to be old to know who Gleber2 is talking about. Im young in comparison to some orgers here and I've heard of Graham Walker and Mick Abraham.

With regards to a festival to reach all styles and ages, are you for real?
    You're gonna have hip hop, metal bands, a pipe band, hardcore trance, jazz musicians, ceilidh bands, indie bands and a big band on the same stage over the course of a weekend? I'd like to see that!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast