Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: a caithness festival?

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

LMAO somebody (ratpack doorman) reckoned that I looked like this geeser, zeb are you suggesting I look like Jeid. Sorry Jeid it wasn't intentional you understand it's a drummer thing

Quote Originally Posted by zebedy View Post
    Yes I was right I did see you in the film Deliverance!

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    MONCUR what's the URL for TBG08 anyhow??
    http://www.bebo.com/thebiggig2008

Hmmmmm...

Reading through this thread, it seems people are missing some fundamental points.

Obviously, while the Big Gig is IN Caithness it isn't regarded by the populace as serving the needs of the county ie being a "Caithness" festival - that's why this thread started!

Loopallu, Wizard, Homegame and Wickerman are all held in rural areas with small populations - no one has yet to contradict that. So why is Caithness inherently different to these areas??

Also on the subject of the Caithness folk fest... I believe there was one in Wick at the same time period organised by noted poet, historian and nice bloke David Morrison.

With regards to having it in a hall... assembly rooms? Or are they still in a state of disrepair?

Plus Supergrass are a great band, eh Chobbers?

Think some people, not naming names, need to take a chill pill. Just because a previous, hard rockin' guitar pickin' venture failed doesn't mean a poppier (cos thats what the 'grass are innit? popular?) will also go tits up.

And finally... Pepsi doubts if anyone in the county has the contacts to pull it off.. who says you have to live in Caithness to put this on??
    Week will inherit the earth.....

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_mac View Post
    Have I missed something!??!!

I along with a couple of other hero's were laughing earlier on in this thread at the suggestion of a caithness music festival, BECAUSE THERE IS ONE!

Yeah it might not be Monsters of Rock, but its a starting point. 3 years ago when we all started to talk about putting The Big Gig together we went through all this rubbish and decided to learn the lessons from Edge Of The World and start small.

Now in its third year it has hardly been the most successful enterprise ever, largely because of the weather, but I remember sitting in Veiwfirth field watching some of the early edge of the world fests and having a great time. Give The Big Gig time and support to grow and you never know, it might actually become popular.

Or Rob, maybe you could just rubbish that fest and start your own massive one straight off the bat, get Radio 1 to cover it and Junkie's like Winehouse and Docherty to headline it and your laughing. Cause it seems that's what your hell bent on doing now.
    Im sorry that you interpreted my postings as a slur on the Big Gig, re read them and you will find that I never mentioned the Big Gig not once. I am not rubbishing anything, well done on the Big Gig.

Rob,

I don't think that The Big Mac is saying that any of your posts re: this Caithness Festival are a dig at the Big Gig.

I think that the point he is trying to make is that at the start of this post, Cesare suggested starting a summer festival...

Quote Originally Posted by cesare View Post
    like a summer time one with live bands mabey a 2 day one? bring some money and tourism into the county plus give some of the talented residents a chance to show people there talent
    just a idea i had
    ...which is a project that is already being undertaken in its entirety in the shape of the Big Gig.

Won't be able to attend the Big Gig this year due to an alternative appointment with the beer tent at the Orkney Show but should this new festival get the go-ahead give me a shout and I'll come along for sure - especially if Supergrass are playing
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

6. Default

anybody that counts to 6 is a guitarist
    that's me knackered then

Way off topic but Supergrass are lethal live! Seen them at the Foo Fighters gig at Wembley and they sure know how to get a crowd going.

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    Way off topic but Supergrass are lethal live! Seen them at the Foo Fighters gig at Wembley and they sure know how to get a crowd going.
    I havent seen them live, but personally, I've always found them musically inventive and energetic. Showing my age now...but Im going to see Pete Wylie ( The Mighty Wah ) at Belladrum...maybe get the story of the blues, yah never know !

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    That killed it.... lol:
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Supergrass are an awesome band, they have produced great music since day one.

Moncur you are a lucky so and so for seeing them live

anybody that counts to 6 is a guitarist
    help required!
    I understand need to count in any of 1*(!), 2, 3 & 4 but beyond that I struggle. Why count in 6?

*normally reserved for hideously fast stuff

all i have to say is blah people takes my idea and twists it

hence why nothin good really comes out of wick

congrats job well done

blah wick is what it is and it will never change

Talking Change Challenge

Plus ca Change...plus cest a meme chose..........Name that tune!
    I kent his faither

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456