Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: a caithness festival?

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    Erm you dont have to be old to know who Gleber2 is talking about. Im young in comparison to some orgers here and I've heard of Graham Walker and Mick Abraham.

With regards to a festival to reach all styles and ages, are you for real?
    You're gonna have hip hop, metal bands, a pipe band, hardcore trance, jazz musicians, ceilidh bands, indie bands and a big band on the same stage over the course of a weekend? I'd like to see that!

exactly i would too

Quote Originally Posted by cesare View Post
    exactly i would too
    as long as it's in Wick, right?

yeah hosted and preformed in wick

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

yeah hosted and preformed in wick

is that preformed or performed, I'm confused & it would also be a PA mans nightmare. Hope you have a HUGE budget

You're gonna have hip hop, metal bands, a pipe band, hardcore trance, jazz musicians, ceilidh bands, indie bands and a big band on the same stage over the course of a weekend? I'd like to see that!
    Try the St. Magnus Festival on Orkney. It caters for most tastes, including poetry and proses!

i think my brain just leaked onto the floor.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cazaa View Post
    Try the St. Magnus Festival on Orkney. It caters for most tastes, including poetry and proses!
    poetry & prose are all the rage just now & if you're on the ferry you always have that rocking feeling

lol it was a idea but yet again shot down and drained and i wonder why people still try nowadays congrats

Ok in case any of you missed the point...Ullapool..very succesful indeed and started from scratch in a very small community. A 2 day event is possible and does not involve rocket science. If you build it they will come Of course local "musos", a minority group if ever there was one, will sneer and throw buckets of cynicsm at the concept ( as can be seen by gthe pathetic nonssne largely posted above ) and indeed any event held....but thats to be expected...the masses will turn out they always do. Ah but I here myself say, where do we hold it..Wick..nah Thursonians wont come...Thurso....hell Wickers wont go.....get a life !!!!

Erm you dont have to be old to know who Gleber2 is talking about. Im young in comparison to some orgers here and I've heard of Graham Walker and Mick Abraham.

Sorry you are in a minority here : the guys mentioned are well in there late 50's / early 60's, a core audience of 14 - 25 werent even born when these guys had their moment...

lol it was a idea but yet again shot down and drained and i wonder why people still try nowadays congrats
    Well done for even having the idea, dont let a bunch of self opiniated, cynics ( is cyniscm in the water supply up there ? ) dampen you. As I have said ( and correctly if I may congratulate myself ) Ullapool is a shining example of what can be done.....I also notice that the cynics know this damn well fine, which is why no one came after me on this thread.

You know what, this nonsense has so hacked me off that I am going to publically pledge that there will be a music festival ( of some kind ) next year...anyone fancy getting involved !!!!

Previous discussion on Northern Lights Festival...

Northern Lights Festival

I still stand by that its a good idea, would be willing to pitch in, if you want to PM me Rob?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyermonkey View Post
    Previous discussion on Northern Lights Festival...

Northern Lights Festival

I still stand by that its a good idea, would be willing to pitch in, if you want to PM me Rob?
    Great stuff will do. Glad to hear from an optimist, a rare sight on these pages !! Good job that there are a few optimists about willing to challenge prevailing wisdom.....otherwise we would all be still living in caves. Heres a thought, when Marconi ( invented wireless communciations ) first pitched his idea to investors etc he said that he had a broadcasting system which consisted of a broadcast device and a reciever device capable of transmitting voices from one point to another, when the investors asked what lay between the devices he replied nothing ( hence wireless ) accordingly ( and true story ) they thought him insane.....So is it insane to think through the logistics / budgets required to deliver a festival....I think not...mind you the bill might not be upto what the cynics require....however as they are in a very small minority ( no more than 10 I would think ) then we have a total 2 county population of 39,990 to target ( not counting visitors from out with the area ) lol lol lol ....the madcap laugh !!!!!!
    Last edited by rob murray; 24-Jul-08 at 13:21.

Oh forgot to mention, there is also the Wizard festival in New Deer, near Peterhead this year.. usually attended by c3000

Headliners include Supergrass and more. ( do any of you cynics recognise the name Supergrass ??? )

Silence...yawn....yawn....yawn

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Silence...yawn....yawn....yawn
    you need to get out more & supergrass. You really are a funny guy........

OK Cesare & Rob. Money where mouth is. Go for it. I'll be in the audience.

I'll be in the beer tent sheltering from the rain with the other 6 people that turned up!!
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

I'd book limelights 40K+ of line array now......

the enthusiasm is great.

probability and logic, thats another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    I'll be in the beer tent sheltering from the rain with the other 6 people that turned up!!
    Beer tent! Count me in.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast