Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Information on Fertility Problems

Default Information on Fertility Problems

Hi, I know this is a strange question for the org, and people may not want to talk about it openly.

I was wondering if anyone has had problems concieving, and having to use Clomid.

My questions are:

1, Are there side effects?

2, How long is the process?

3, when do u take the Clomid?

4, How has the treatment affected your relationship?

5, What was the problem that u had to recieve this treatment?

I know all the qestions are ones a doctor should answer, but when we asked we got "In General" answers.

We are at the stage of investigation, and the next is Clomid, would appreciate your real life views and experiences.

If you are not happy replying to this thread please Pm me priveatly

Thanks

Well i dont have any problems concieving, in fact some may say im over fertile.Here is a link that has info requested.My heart goes to anyone who having tried and cannot concieve, and hope you have success in the near future..
    http://www.womens-health.co.uk/clomid.asp

although it says womens health, and we know nothing of wether the problem lies with male or female, please take nothing in the title of the link..

Thanks to the people that Private messaged me, I am delighted there is no major side effects on body, relationship and baby.

We have had 3 Pregnacys already, With one going full term and giving us a brilliant boy, but we have now been trying 2 years and had no luck, and the doctors are saying we are young enough and that it takes time, and they are wanting to try clomid.

My hubby has had all the tests, and they are great.

Default we have had it

Hi, drop me a line if you want any info etc we have been down the fertility route all the way to ivf where we were very lucky and got our wee boy. Its a very hard road to travel but worth it in the end if it goes your way

Im sorry to hear of your fertility problems and congratulate you on your son! I am one of the very lucky ones who has no problems conceiving and I really do sympathsise with others that arent so fortunate. All my life I have wanted to be a mother and Im sure it is because it is in our nature to want to pass on our genes. I plan to be a surrogate for a friend who cannot carry her own children so there is always hope. We are lucky to live in this country and time of such medical advances where as 20 years ago fertility treatment would not be possible.
    Best of luck with the clomid. Every drug affects us differently, as we are all so different what does not agree with one person might be ok for the next.
    Were it not for hope the heart would break Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Allsorts View Post
    Hi, drop me a line if you want any info etc we have been down the fertility route all the way to ivf where we were very lucky and got our wee boy. Its a very hard road to travel but worth it in the end if it goes your way

Thanks Allsorts

Could you let me know how your problems came to light and what happened in the first couple of years, and when you were first given clomid, what was your feelings.

Welcome to the Org, 1905Struan

All I'd say is warn hubby to wear a hard hat for the first few days of your cycle! In my experience, Clomid is like PMT on overdrive, lol!

I've Pm'd you .
    WeeBurd.

Everyone has been so great, thank you so much