Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Book groups

Default Book groups

Has a forum book group ever been suggested?

Would be a good idea - what about startin a social group or groups perhaps depending on genre!

Default Book groups

I'd be quite intersted in a book group - we did one at the last place I used to work.....just meet up, have a chat - and usually coffee and cake We could do online too if easier

Quote Originally Posted by Melancholy Man View Post
    Has a forum book group ever been suggested?
    We bashed the idea around a few years ago, but I think that we never really got started because we just couldn't come up with a book to read and then discuss.

I'm willing to join in and if Edinburgh is still your home turf some of this discussion could happen over coffee.

We could have a "book group" room in the chat and meet there for "virtual" coffee canuck! (As long as we didn't get dumped )

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    We could have a "book group" room in the chat and meet there for "virtual" coffee canuck! (As long as we didn't get dumped )
    Fantastic idea!

Perhaps our first book for discussion could be 'Yahoo! Slurp Spiders for Dummies'.

Where have I been?

Sorry, Canuck, I'm a-cummin back to Caithness in less than 100 hours. Shall we suggest a book each, or create a separate sub-forum? I'll start with Patrick Suskind's Perfume.

Where have I been?

Sorry, Canuck, I'm a-cummin back to Caithness in less than 100 hours. Shall we suggest a book each, or create a separate sub-forum? I'll start with Patrick Suskind's Perfume.
    I shall track down a copy and see how it goes. But with the week I have in front of me I doubt that I'll get it read in time for a face to face over coffee before you leave.

Ooo, I've got my very first Internet stalker! I'll be back in Edinburgh periodically, for the dentist and the like.

Ooo, I've got my very first Internet stalker! I'll be back in Edinburgh periodically, for the dentist and the like.
    No, I'm not a stalker, a very long way from that. 'Track down' is a Canadian expression for 'find'. In this case, go to the public library.