Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Macgas cylinders 18kg

Default Macgas cylinders 18kg

Macgas cylinders 18kg

Since Bridgend Building Supplies (Thurso) went belly up, we've still got a couple of their empty Macgas 18kg bottles, anyone any ideas what to do with them - apart from recycle dump - or still exchanges them (I know Thurso Building Supplies 'used' to exchange but it's now Travis Perkins) any sensible ideas gratefully accepted..

Travis Perkins won`t take the Macgas cylinders they only exchange Calor gas but you could try the council recycling centre at Janetstown.
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

W & D ross's new shop down by the river takes them

I think they took over BBS's supplies

We took our empties (macgas) there and they changed them for full bottles at a price of course

Just rung a few minutes ago WD Ross and asked if they accept empty Macgas cylinders for full Calor gas and they say "no".. - although we were in there last week and exchanged our Calor (18kg) for full Calor for £27.00..
    So Dozy, still interested? or is it the recycle place..

Before I rang them today, I'd sent an email yesterday, it's come back: "Hi you can change to Calor gas for an extra 10.00 over the price of the gas" So at around about £37.00 I'll still give it a miss!!